Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weekly Schedule: August 15th-Agust 17th

School starts tomorrow morning at 7:40am. I don't know about all of you, but as both a mother and a teacher, I am excited!  There has always been something exhilarating for me about the start of a new school year.  It makes me think of a line from the movie "You've Got Mail" where a character talks about sending "bouquets of newly-sharpened pencils."  Well, I've certainly got the newly sharpened pencils and an entire classroom and lesson plans just waiting for students!  I've spent a lot of time this summer cleaning out my classroom and preparing for the new school year.  Because I am a mother, I understand the important role a teacher plays in the lives of students and, rest assured, I am prepared to care for and educate your child as we embark on this new school year together.  I can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow morning!

Each week, I'll post the schedule of what I will be doing so both parents and students can be prepared and "in the loop."  These first three days are primarily focused on getting to know each other and understanding the procedures of both the classroom and school.  Parents, your child will be bringing home a class and a school disclosure form.  Please make sure these are signed and returned promptly.  The class that returns their disclosures forms first will earn a doughnut party!  


As a reminder, back to school night will be August 23rd from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.  Thank you for your support and I'll look forward to meeting my students in the morning!  We are going to have a fantastic school year:) 



Week: 1
Dates: Aug. 15-19

*Parents, your student should be bringing home a school and course disclosure.  Sign them and send them back ASAP.  The first class with course disclosures in gets a donut party!

Also, there is a School District Acceptable Use Policy on page 23 of your student’s planner.  Please sign and I’ll check it off.
Monday, August 15
Tuesday, August 16
Wednesday, August 17
Thursday, August 18
Friday, August 19









Welcome to L.A. 7th!!
Seating Chart
Introduction to Mrs. Robins and to each other.
Introduce course, handout disclosures.
Organizational Binder lesson #1.
Class Expectations
Student Folders
Planner Work (if time)
Random-Student-of-the-week papers.
Organizational Binder Lesson #2.
Getting-to-know –you activity.
Procedures: pencils, birthday, tool box, book check-out system
More on Class Rewards

Organizational Binder Lesson #3
Map The Classroom Activity
Procedures: Book Reports, Missing Work Folder and Portfolios















No comments:

Post a Comment