Friday, December 14, 2012

Week 19 Schedule & Update

Our last week of the year is just around the corner and I couldn't be happier with all my students have accomplished.  I'm looking forward to an amazing 2013 school year!

Our schedule is listed below.  Please note that Persuasive Santa Letters are coming home Tuesday.  I am asking all Parents/Guardians to read the letter and score the attached rubric.  You are definitely not expected to buy what your child requests, but I do want your feedback on their mastery of persuasion.  This is a fun way to teach a big concept that the students will continue to practice throughout their lives. Please make sure you send back the letter and completed rubric with you student on Wednesday, December 19th.

I've been blown away by the Personal Narratives I have read so far that students completed this week.  We have some very talented writers.  I've been particularly touched by students who chose to write about their personal tragedies or challenges.  I'll get Narratives back as soon as I can.  Because of the length and nature of the writing, they are taking a little longer to grade.  Some will be returned next week and I'll grade the rest over the holiday break.  

Please note that there will not be Utah in the News this week.

Midterm reports need to be signed and returned by Monday, December 17th.

Our Core Standards call for students to engage in many speaking and listening activities.  So, from Wednesday-Friday, students who chose can share their Personal Narratives or their Persuasive Santa Letters.  Bonus effort points will be given but it is not a requirement.  Writing is meant to be shared and many students are very excited to share theirs. It's certainly going to be a fantastic week!

Please encourage your student to hand in all their work so they won't have to worry about school work over the holiday break.  Additionally, no reading is required over the break, BUT, for those students who do chose to read, I'll be giving Bonus Effort points & Robins Rewards Tickets for anyone who reads and documents it.

For my family, Christmas is a time to enjoy the company of the ones we love, celebrate our religious traditions and; most importantly, serve others and remember our many blessings.  I am grateful for the incredible students I am lucky enough to teach and I appreciate the outpouring of support I receive from parents & guardians.

Have a wonderful holiday season!!






Monday,Dec. 17
*Calendar for week/reading check for Wk. 18

*Peer Edit: Santa Persuasion Letters
Tuesday,Dec. 18
*Finish Final Copy of Santa Persuasion Letter




Take Letter Home to Parents/    Guardians to grade.

Wednesday,Dec. 19
*Open-Mic:  Narratives and/or Santa Letters

*Library Day

PERSUASIVE LETTERS DUE!

AM/PM Reading Club
Thursday,Dec. 20
*Open Mic: Narratives and/or Santa Letters



Shortened Class Periods:                            School Talent Show!


Friday, Dec. 21
* Random-Student-of-the-Week


CHRISTMAS PARTY!

No Utah-in-the-News This Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment