Friday, August 8, 2014

Welcome to School: Week 1, August 11-August 15

I've got a fun week planned as we begin the 2014-2015 school year.  I am so excited to meet my students and look forward to great things from them all year.

Every Friday I will update my blog with important information about the upcoming week. I encourage students and parents/guardians to get in the habit of checking each week to keep updated.  Always feel free to email me (anytime) with questions/concerns at rachel.robins@washk12.org or call during school hours at 435-652-4742.  I'm really good about returning emails/phone calls and want to keep in touch with you.

Class and school disclosures are coming home this week and need to be returned by Wednesday, August 13.  The class that has the highest percentage of returned disclosures by Wednesday will earn doughnuts on Thursday!  The schedule this week is basic, we will also be playing class building games and learning several specific procedures each day.  This week, both Honors and regular classes are combined.  I'll have seperate schedules in the future.

Expect a year of fun and learning.  I love what I do and I'm really looking forward to working with students this year.

Enjoy your weekend,
Mrs. Robins

Monday, August 11
*Seating/Roll
*Faction Activity
*Meet Mrs. Robins
*Expectations
*Procedures
*Disclosures to be sent home

Tuesday, August 12
 *Hand-out Reading/Writing
*Procedures
*iRead program
*Book Frenzy
*Student Survey

Wednesday, August 13
 *Disclosures Due (the first class to get them all in earns a doughnut party!)
*Procedures
*Blog
*Label Notebooks

Thursday, August 14
*Multiple Intelligence Quiz & Activity
*Procedures
*Honors Newspaper Introduction

Friday, August 15
 *Random Student
*Nation in the News
*Penny Group Activity
Assembly Schedule


No comments:

Post a Comment