Friday, May 15, 2015

Last Post of the 2014/2015 School Year

Wow! I can't believe the year is over. It's been a fantastic year and I've sincerely enjoyed each day with these amazing, soon-to-be 8th graders! From their individual achievements to what we've accomplished together, I couldn't be more proud. I wish these students all the best and I'll always been cheering them on as they continue in life. Thank you for sharing your child with me, it's been a pleasure to be their teacher this year. Thank you to parents & guardians for the continued kindness and support for me, it's meant so very much and I thank you. I always get emotional this time of year but it's because I really love what I do and I've loved teaching this group of students. Best of luck to everyone and have a wonderful summer!


As far as the last week, I have some fun things coming up: see below. On Monday, students will write a letter to themselves that I will mail in 2020 when they graduate. If they know they might move, I'll have them give the letter to their parents. *If I will be mailing their letter, please bring a stamp or .49. I'll provide all the envelopes. This will be a really cool thing 5 years from now. I'm also having students write a letter of advice to upcoming 7th graders. This is the first year I've done the student-to-student letter and I'm excited to see how it is received next year.

The school is doing a good job of letting students and parents know expectations and procedures for the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to finishing strong and enjoying these last few days with the best group of kids I've taught! Questions or comments? Please email me or call the school at 652-4742. Thanks again!


Monday, May 18th
Test Score Rewards (if students met or surpassed their goal)
Graduation Letters: students will write a letter to themselves that I'll mail when they graduate:)
Letter to new 7th grader

Tuesday, May 19th
End-of-Year Survey
Free Reading
7th grade party from 5-7pm  Students can attend if they do not have an NP or U in any classes. Trust me, this is a FUN one!

Wednesday, May 20th (half-day)
Potluck End-of-Year Party
Clean-up
Yearbook Signing

Thursday, May 21st (half-day)
Last Day of School
Clean-up
End-of-Year Drawing
Mustache Pictures handed back to go home
Yearbook Signing


Last Word From Me...Sniffle:)

No comments:

Post a Comment