Saturday, August 8, 2015

Welcome Back!!!!


Welcome to 7th grade!

Now, don't get me wrong, I love summer as much as the next teacher; but I'm so excited for this school year! Between some swimming and traveling, I've spent the summer planning and learning, so I am jazzed to help you learn to become better readers and writers! 

My philosophy about education is that everyone is SMART (in a variety of ways) and learning should be FUN. My job is to figure out how you learn best and then make it worth your while. You can expect rigorous work that is meaningful, interactive and fun. I try very hard to be a great teacher and I truly care about each individual student.

Here are a few things to be looking forward to:
  • The amazing iRead program (lots of incentives and rewards here)
  • Robins Rewards Monthly Drawings
  • Music to learn literary elements
  • Whole Brain Learning 
  • Writing narratives, argumentation and explanatory
  • Writing contest options (trust me, there is nothing better than being paid for your writing)
  • Possible Field Trips (I'm working on this now)
  • Reading strategies with some fantastic novels
  • Interactive Reading/Writing Journals
  • Skype visits with authors 
  • Solid test prep (the SAGE is not scary)
  • All sorts of coolness I'll surprise you with!

I'd like to invite both students and parents to browse the blog and see what there is. Communication is important for me so I do update the blog weekly and would like everyone to use it as a resource. Students will be bringing home the Course Disclosure on the first day of school, but here it is if you'd like a preview. 

Enjoy what's left of summer: I'm looking forward to meeting you all on Thursday!







2 comments:

  1. I was unable to view the disclosures. I clicked on the link and it said I do not have permission to view.

    Kris Graff
    Mom of Kasen Graff, 6th period Honors

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad, I forget to change the settings. It's all good now, please give it another shot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete