Friday, October 30, 2015

Week 13: November 2nd-6th: Last Week of 1st Trimester

It's been a very fun holiday week. I'm happy to see how students have done well with A.C.E.S. Explanatory paragraphs. We are working hard to build good Readers/Writer's Notebooks that will be a resource for students throughout the year and beyond. Our department has been working with SCMS to prepare students by giving them foundational skills, I'm pretty happy with how it is working out!

The trimester ends on Friday. All late/make-up work needs to be in to me on Wednesday. I'll still update books till Friday. Please, please check PowerSchool and let me know if you have questions. The reading (10 books per trimester or 12 books for honors) matters--hopefully students who are behind this trimester can work harder to improve for next trimester and plan better. Overall, I'm pleased at the amount of work they are doing and how hard they are working and how much they care about their grades--such great kids!

As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns. I am your partner in helping your student succeed! My email is rachel.robins@washk12.org or call the school after-hours at 652-4742. Thanks so much, enjoy your week!


Week 13 Schedule
November 2nd-6th

Monday, November 2nd
Free Reading
Citation Centers
Honors: Newspaper Day

Tuesday, November 3rd 
Free Reading
Plagiarism and Paraphrasing Mini-Lesson/Practice
A.C.E.S. paragraph 
November "Gecko Gazette" Newspaper launches!

Wednesday, November 4th
Introduction to OREO Argumentative Paragraphs
...yes, there will be Oreos :0)
FLEX: Rootbeer Float Party (for Fall Break Reading Challenge)
All work DUE!!! (I'll accept books till end of the trimester)

Thursday, November 5th
Free Reading
OREO Partner Practice: "Is technology killing our friendships?"
Modeling and Table Practice

Friday, November 6th
End-of-Trimester (also a PLC Short Day)
Last day to turn-in books
Independent Practice: OREO Paragraph "Is boredom really that bad?"
*due Monday (if students need time at home).


Halloween Fun!!

I certainly love what I do, but I've gotta say, holidays at Lava Ridge is so fun! Check out the smiling faces and cool costumes this year:).

1st period

All of 1st period

I was a giant can of Coke this year--here I am embracing my love of Coke products:)

Cool lanterns in the classroom


The amazing Mrs. Hulse, who co-teaches with me 3rd period, and some fellow Wonder Women!

Korbin is photobombing in this one!


3rd period 

4th period

5th period

Addy's amazing Christmas tree costume!

5th period

6th period with our wonderful librarians: Mrs. Schulthies & Ms. Heath

Goofy 6th period

Props to Boden: he was fully committed to being an old man: check out the hair!

This is real people--so fun!

Student Council! 

Two of my favorite ladies & student council advisers: Mrs. Sculthies, "Rosie the Riveter" and Mrs. Foster, "Arwen" from LOTR!



1 comment:

  1. I love all these fun pictures. You are truly amazing & inspiring! When I grow up I want to be just like you!

    ReplyDelete