Friday, April 22, 2016

Week 36: Reading SAGE and Important Due Dates

I am so enjoying this group of students! I can't believe there are only 4 weeks left with them. Next week is the SAGE Reading Test. I've done all I can to prepare students and I'm excited to see how they do. I am very optimistic for growth across the board and I know their hard work will pay off!

In preparation for the test, I am asking that students review:
  • All bellwork packets (yellow and green)
  • Any in-class assignments over the last two weeks
  • Their Reader's Notebook
  • Go to sageportal.org and practice the 7th grade Reading Training Test to get familiar with format.
Doing the above items will go a long way to helping your child succeed.

Tuesday, April 26th-Friday, April 29th: SAGE Reading Test
Get a good night's rest and prepare for this test please:)

Make sure students have a good breakfast and come to school Tuesday on time and ready to work. I'm anticipating the test will take between 2-3 days to complete. Any extra time can be used for reading and catching up in class.

Due Dates to Be Aware of:

Monday, May 9th: Last Day to Qualify for iRead
Students must read an equivalency of 40 books AND fill their bingo card.

Wednesday, May 11th: iRead Party
Details are on permission slip, we will be gone from 9:30-12:15 at Fiesta Fun!

Friday, May 13th: Last Day to Qualify for Gold Gecko Day
Students must not have missing work, or NP's or U's to qualify for this fun event which will happen on May 18th at 1pm.

Wednesday, May 18th: Mrs. Robins's Books All Turned In

Wednesday, May 18th: Last Day to Qualify for the 7th Grade Party
Students must not have NP's or U's to qualify for the epic 7th grade party which will happen on Monday, May 23rd from 4-6pm.

I am your partner in your child's education. I am happy to help, but want them to be proactive about their grades. Please let me know how I can assist. Thanks again and have a fantastic week! 


Week 36 Schedule
April 25-April 29

Monday, April 25th
Final SAGE Review (Jeopardy)
Review of Training Test

SAGE Reading Test (Tuesday-Friday)
Friday: Book #8 due: Honors

Looking Ahead: 
Monday, May 2nd End-of-Testing Celebration Waffle Party
We will be starting class novels and poetry chapbooks
Students will be voting on the novel for their class


These amazing students have read their way into our iRead 40 Club! They have received a t-shirt, candy bar and admittance into our iRead Party on May 11th at Fiesta Fun. Way to go!! I am so very proud of these student's achievements!

Tim Bryan

Amelia Van Meter

Easton Romberger

Brayden Whittaker



Easton Schwendiman

No comments:

Post a Comment