Friday, March 17, 2017

Week 31: Welcome Back!

...and just like that, Spring Break is over and here we are! I hope everyone had a wonderful Spring Break and is ready to get back to school. I'm excited to see you all and look forward to the rest of the school year together:)

The focus now is on SAGE prep--SAGE testing is tentatively the 2nd and 4th weeks of April (all dates subject to change, because it's school and that's how we have to roll). I'll let you know in advance. Testing is testing, but I'll do all I can to help your child succeed and make the testing environment less stressful.

It's really important that students attend this week. We've got to get use to writing essays in 2 class periods. It's not just about SAGE, but teaching students to critically think and write well. I've seen amazing progress in the last month and am exciting to see them flex their writing muscles this week! As always, if students require more time, they can request to come in for FLEX or work at home. I'm also available before and after school if needed. I will be assisting them a lot on these so they can master skills.

Here's what I have planned for the upcoming week. As always, please contact me with any questions/feedback/complaints/good jokes, etc.

*Students, if you read this post, please tell me for a reward!

Image result for welcome back after spring break

Week 31 
March 20th-21st

Monday, March 20th
Writing Pair-Share
Monroe Reading Benchmark
Writing Benchmark
Free Reading when finished
Book #3 DUE

Tuesday, March 21st
Bell Work
Explanatory Essay: Black Sunday
about the Oklahoma Dust Bowl
Listen to and read article/poem
Organize essay
Free Reading when finished

Wednesday, March 22nd
Bell Work
Write Explanatory Essay
Free Reading when finished

Thursday, March 23rd
Bell Work
Reading Comprehension Practice
Free Reading when finished

Friday, March 24th
Bell Work
Finish Reading Comprehension Practice
Free Reading when finished
Honors: Newspaper Day


No comments:

Post a Comment