Friday, August 18, 2017

Week #2: August 21-August 25

WOW!! What a fantastic week. I am already totally impressed and absolutely enjoying these students. They have been wonderful! It is going to be such a great year in Language Arts and I am very excited for it. We had such a fun day today doing a cyber Escape Room activity. I have taken some pictures & will post them under "photos" this weekend. Check them out!

*Students who missed school on FRIDAY, AUGUST 18th need to go to Google Classroom and join using the following code before Monday if possible.

1st period: fvn4ddp
2nd period: se53emx
3rd period: 98cteb
4th period: 3e6t8
5th period: jsdtlol

We will be launching our iRead program on Tuesday. Reading is so important and we've created a reading program that is fun and full of incentives & is doable for ALL students at ALL levels. If you would like to support our program, particularity if you can be a corporate sponsor, please read our sponsor letter here.

Parents, thank you so much to many of you who have sent me an email introducing me to your child. I sent home a letter this week (blue) inviting parents to let me know about their son or daughter to help me get to know them individually. It's not too late: I'd love to learn more about all my students to help them! I'm just struck by the fact that these students really are remarkable and it's such a privilege to be their teacher. Hope you meet you all in person at Tuesday's Back-to-School night!


Week #2
August 21-August 25

Monday, August 21st
Reading Benchmark
Summer Survey (if time)

Tuesday, August 22nd
iRead Program Launch
Go to class for roll, then to Little Theater
Set-up Reader/Writer Notebooks
Back-to-School Night 6-8pm

Wednesday, August 23rd
Library Day
Random Student Spotlight Form

Thursday, August 24th
Writing Benchmark
School Picture Day

Friday, August 25th
Free Reading/Book Tracking
Word-of-the-Day
Kahoot Procedures Quiz 
Personality Game


Image result for infographic on reading



No comments:

Post a Comment