Thursday, February 22, 2018

Week 29: Time for Argumentation

I'm excited to get back to the classroom on Monday. I have had an amazing week in Atlanta at the Learning Disabilities Conference. My mind is full of great ideas about how to teach my students with learning disabilities, but I'm walking away with an arsenal of ideas for all students. It's really been an amazing week. I received a great report from the substitute about how wonderful the students have been. I'll see everyone on Monday! Remember to keep reading and email me if you have questions about anything happening in class. We'll be moving in to argumentative writing next, so get ready! I'll be teaching this writing one step at a time so it's not overwhelming. We will also be writing about Superheros to make it fun!

Week 29
February 26-March 2

Monday, February 26th
Short PLC Day
Team Winners Declared
End-of-Month Drawing
Argumentative KWL Chart
Introduce Superhero Unit
*students will choose which 2 superheroes they will writing about
Book #1 DUE

Tuesday, February 27th
Free reading
Argumentative Vocabulary Notes
Argumentative Organization Notes

Wednesday, February 28th
Students read articles and fill out organizer
Model body paragraph #1

Thursday, March 1st
Model body paragraph #2
Students write body paragraphs #1 & #2

Friday, March 2nd
Model introduction and thesis
Students write introduction and thesis
Free reading when finished

Image result for argumentation

No comments:

Post a Comment