Saturday, February 23, 2019

Week 28: Skills Review

Much to everyone's delight, SAGE has disappeared and the state of Utah has created a new end-of-level assessment: RISE. It will only be testing on reading comprehension (literature/informational), editing and listening. No writing:)
Based on benchmarks I gave last week, we have A LOT of work to do.
Never fear, I've got a lot planned to help students ramp up their knowledge, while having fun and getting some movement in.
Please, please be in school. If you miss, you need to make up the work ASAP. I'm already shocked at how many students are at an NP because they didn't do an assignment...and we only have 3 things on gradebook: YIKES!

If You Miss A Day
  • Get your name on the board immediately to be requested for advisory
  • Check PowerSchool and see what you've missed
  • Ask a friend
  • Check the blog
  • Check the Missed Work Box
  • Ask Mrs. Robins
I'm so overwhelmed by grading work daily for 150 students, then checking the computer endlessly for late work. 

I will now cap assignments to a week unless you make special arrangements with me. After that week, you may not make up the work. Likewise, if you do missing work that is electronic (anything on Flipgrid, Google Classroom, NoRedInk, etc.) you need to EMAIL me that you've done the work. Otherwise, I don't know and I do not have enough time in my life to continually check multiple platforms to see who turned in what.

Please, I'm begging here. Get your work in on time:)

About Reading

  • Please read at home 30 minutes a night at least 5 day a week as was laid out from the first day of school.
  • We'll have less time for in-class reading.
  • Books read from February 18th need to be written on the bingo card and labeled "3" (for the first half of 3rd trimester)
  • You are required to read 6 books per trimester. To help you, deadlines are already in PowerSchool.
  • Those of you wishing to qualify for the iRead Club must have a completed Bingo Card by May 10, 2019.
  • I'm capping late work at a week late, but books can be completed at any time for credit.
3rd Trimester is my favorite as we get to do a lot of fun, engaging things and prep for RISE where you can showcase what you know.

All my thanks for the continued support.
Code Phrase (for a Robins Reward): I will complete my work on time!

Image result for finish on time

Week 28 Schedule


Monday, February 25th
Mrs. Robins Out
 (I'll be in SLC with students petitioning the government to make our Gila Monster the state reptile! Wish us luck!!)
Finish Superhero Essay
Do the NoRedInk Diagnostic Assignment

Tuesday, February 26th
Gecko Day!

Wednesday, February 27th
Library Day!
Meet in Library

Thursday, February 28th
Poetry Analysis Practice

Friday, March 1st 
Literary Escape Room
Book #1 for 3rd Trimester DUE (13th required book overall)


...a little humor from our "Snow Day"

Image result for brace yourselves we almost had a snow day


Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment