Saturday, March 23, 2019

Week 32: Literature Skills

I'm excited for another fun week! We will be practicing grammar and editing through NoRedInk (please stay on top of these, it's easy to fall behind). I have an interesting article on Listenwise for you as well as a great poem "If" to engage your literature comprehension muscles. I'm really excited for Thursday and Friday when we'll dive into informational text, pay attention to text features, ask questions and do some research and present.

Yes, we are preparing for our RISE testing that will take place in a month. YES, we are learning/practicing new skills continuously, and YES, it's important you are in school every day.

Most of what we are doing is interactive (except NoRedInk and Listenwise that you can do on your own) and it's difficult to make up. Make-up is usually available after the activity. I put so much time into creating these activities, that finding worksheets to give you the skills you are missing is difficult.

I'm baffled as to the amount of missing work. I really want you guys to do well, but you've got to complete your work. With 150 students, it's impossible for me to check multiple platforms each day. So...if you are late on Listenwise or NoRedInk, you must EMAIL me and tell me which assignment you completed. Otherwise, turn work in the box and I'll have it entered soon. Please be respectful of my time as well. If you turn in work days late, don't expect me to drop everything and enter your score. I work very hard to stay current on grading and will get to it within the week.
Thanks for the ongoing support! I love teaching this bunch of students and look forward to a wonderful rest of the school year:)


Week 32: Literature Skills!

Monday, March 25th
Short PLC Day, school dismissed at 11:45am
Begin new NoRedInk
Missing Assignments/Read

Tuesday, March 26th
Listenwise: Brain Injuries and Sports
Free Reading

Wednesday, March 27th
"If" by Rudyard Kipling
Literature Comprehension
Free Reading/NoRedInk (if finished early)

Thursday, March 28th
Poetry Bellwork
Informational Text Activity: Challenger

Friday, March 29th
NoRedInk DUE
Finish Poetry Bellwork
Informational Text Activity Presentations: Challenger

Code Word for a Robins Reward: Literature!


Since 2013-2014 school year, I've had students write a letter to themselves that I'll mail right before high school graduation. Very excited to mail my first batch!! Congratulations class of 2019!!!

 Way to go Kenzie and Caden: the newest members of the iRead Club. They received a t-shirt, candy bar and ticket into our GIGANTIC end-of-year party. Way to go guys, I'm so proud of you!!

On Friday we did a fun hands-on application where students were looking for vocab cards all around the school to practice their context clues skills. Well done students!


1 comment: