Friday, August 16, 2019

Week #2: August 19-August 23

WOW!! It's been a busy first week, but a great one. I'm already loving my time with these students. We worked on getting to know each other (I think I have all the names down!) and understanding class procedures.
I really appreciate the great attitudes, big smiles and kindness towards me and each other that I've observed. These are wonderful kids.

Please refer to the handout on our reading program (it's green) and accessible here: http://theb7robinsnest.blogspot.com/p/iread-program-information.html to understand reading expectations and rewards.

Students need to read at home 5 days a week, at least 30 mins a day and record it on the white paper they were given. It's a quick way to verify they are reading. This will make-up their reading grade in class. When they finish a book they need to record it on their tracking form as explained today. Please email me with any questions.

Again, we desperately need community sponsors to fund our awesome iRead program. If you are a business owner, know a business owner or want to contribute as an individual, please visit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YsadT10z6S-TUJf63RFpxYep8WQw2bQina4GKA9i42k/edit

Thank you for the parent letters introducing your child to me. It goes along way to help me get to know your student faster. I appreciate the ongoing support and look forward to an amazing year! Please email me or call after school hours with any questions.

Week 2
August 19-August 23

*I'll be doing a class re-aloud book for a few minutes each day. We'll we reading "Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus" by Dusti Bowling. This will count as a book on the Bingo Card when we finish.

Monday, August 19
New Seats (Seating Chart for Trimester 1)
Fill out Student Spotlight Form
Multiple Intelligence Lesson
"How Am I Smart?"

Tuesday, August 20
READING BENCHMARK
This will be administered each trimester to track reading levels

Wednesday, August 21
Book Genre Day!
Genre Glue-In
Book "Tasting"
Book Orders home

Thursday, August 22
Free Reading/Book Check-off
Introduce Trimester 1 Teams
Escape Room Group Activity

Friday, August 23
Finish Reading Benchmark as needed
Writing Benchmark
Free Reading/Book Check-off
*Assembly Schedule


Code Phrase: If students tell me: "I read the blog!" they'll receive a Robins Reward ticket into our big monthly drawing;)

I'm passionate about reading and what it does to your brain is a BIG reason. Take a look at this!


No comments:

Post a Comment