Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 27: Update and Schedule

Congratulations to everyone on successfully finishing our 2nd trimester together!  I'm very happy to say that not one student received an "I" on their report card.  Many students did a lot of last minute work, but, in the end, everyone turned in their work and received a passing grade.  Unfortunately , we did have a couple of "U"s in citizenship.  I hope that all students will work hard this last trimester.  If anyone earns a "U" or an "I", they will be unable to attend the amazing 7th grade party at the end of the school year--and trust me, you DON'T want to miss this one!  The best way to avoid a "U" is to fill out your planner and record your reading every week.

I appreciate all the support from parents/guardians with helping your child succeed. Throughout our "Wednesday War" novel, I will occasionally send chapters home for students to read.  These novels will also be available on the blog and I'm working on posting an audio version online as well. Please use the blog as a resource to help your student do well in my class.  Struggling readers will receive modified chapter summaries, and if that is all they can get through, that is okay with me.  I'm excited to continue to study this novel and teach poetry in context.  All poetry work will be done in class. Students are also responsible for an end-of-the-novel project. They should have brought home a green sheet to show you the options.  I have options for all levels of learners, the more advanced projects will need to be completed out of class.  Students will be asked to tell me on Wednesday, February 20th, which project they want to do.  Please go through this sheet with them and see what will be the best fit for your student.

As a reminder, Book Orders are due on February 20th.  Several students have received "Free Book" coupons from me as an award for great work or effort.  Those expire at the end of the month so please log-on and use them now.  You may go to the link on the left side of the blog to access Scholastic directly.

Here is our schedule this week. Remember, if your child misses a day of school, they must visit with me as soon as they can before or after school to get caught up as we will be doing daily in-class assignments.  As always, thank you for your support & feel free to email me anytime or call me during school hours.  Also, students are always welcome to work in my class before or after school.
Have a fantastic week!  Mrs. Robins

Tuesday, February 19th
*Wk. 26 Reading/Planner check
*Poetry Bellwork #1
*Chapter 3 Quiz
*Shakespeare Insults

Wednesday, Feb. 20th
*Author’s Purpose Bellwork
*Start Chapter 4
*Library Day
 BOOK ORDERS DUE
*Students will choose Novel Project
AM/PM Reading Club

Thursday, Feb. 21st
*Poetry Bellwork #2
*Finish Chapter 4 (start Ch #5?)

Friday, Feb. 22nd
*Utah in News
*Random Student
*Chapter 5
*Gecko Time


Utah-in-the-News Students
*These students need to be prepared to present a Utah news article to the class using our Utah-in-the-News form.  This form will be given to the students in class or you can access it on the blog.  Remember to have your student print out the article they are using and staple it to the back.  They need to summarize using their own words.

1st: Kilee Terpstra, Dylan Simpkins, Victoria Riggs
2nd: Madi Thiel, Alex Tholen, Jalin Towler
3rd: Jessica Watkins, Harley Strong, Tanner Ward
5th: Jessika Stauffer, Alliyah Tracey, Addi Southam
6th: Lupe Baca, Kameron Webster, Parker Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment