Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 39 Update and Schedule

The school year is winding down but learning and fun are still happening every day. I am unbelievably proud of my 7th graders who are ready to move to middle school and I'm confident of their future success.

The 7th grade party will be on Tuesday, May 21st from 5-7pm at the school. This exciting event is to reward all those students who have worked so hard to not have "I"s or "U"s.  Be sure to check PowerSchool frequently to monitor grades and encourage your student to make arrangements with their teachers to make-up any missed work.  I hope to have all my students there.  I do have some Extra Credit options available, check the previous post for details.

Here is the schedule for this upcoming week with some important reminders:

Monday, May 13th:  Calendar/Reading Check, Reminder on Poetry Chapbook assignment, "The Maze" Chapters 16-19 *All books students have checked out from the school library or our class library MUST be returned today or they will need to pay to replace the books.

Tuesday, May 14th:  Finish "The Maze" Chapters 20-24

Wednesday, May 15th: Close-Reading Exercise, Final Test on "The Maze"
AM/PM READING CLUB PARTY @ 7:20am  This is for all students who participated in any of the Reading Club meetings.  I'll have doughnuts and juice for them in the morning to celebrate their reading success.  All students who participated have increased their reading scores and most improved their CRT scores.  Way to go!!

Thursday, May 16th: Creating Poetry Chapbooks (this will be a portfolio-type activity where your students can write and display their writing)

Friday, May 17th:  All Late Work/Extra Credit Due TODAY!  (I'll have all my grades finalized this weekend and cannot accept work past today.)  Gecko Time




No comments:

Post a Comment