Friday, August 14, 2015

Week 2: August 17-August 21

First Week Fun!

*I asked students to write ONE word to describe themselves ("I am..."). I was thrilled to see so many positive words. These kids are remarkable, full of hope and potential. It's my job to reinforce their positive self-image and give them the tools to succeed.


What a wonderful first week! Seriously, I am thrilled with these students who are so positive, hard-working and fun. I can tell it's going to be a fantastic year:)

I wanted to extend a gigantic thanks to those who have donated to our iRead program. The funds that are coming in will make a tremendous difference as our department works hard to promote reading and create lifelong readers. Plus, the students are going to have a blast earning the incentives for reading. We are accepting donations until the end of the month, so a thank you in advance if you can help us out!

Students are gaining a good understanding of the way the class runs and we'll continue this a little more next week. We do have reading benchmarks approaching as well as some foundational language arts and fun team-building activities. It is going to be a busy and fun week:)

Our Back-to-School night is Wednesday, August 19th at 6:30pm. This night is pretty cool-you rotate through your child's classes, meeting all their teachers and finding out exactly what is happening in class and at our school. As a parent of a Lava Ridge student myself, it's very helpful. I'll look forward to seeing you there!

Please email me, rachel.robins@washk12.org, with any questions or concerns. I am so very excited to work with you student this year!

Schedule for Week #2

Monday, August 17th
Random Student Forms
Class Procedures
Finish Readers/Writers Notebook
Personality Activity
Honors: iRead program introduction

Tuesday, August 18th
Benchmark Testing in B Lab

Wednesday, August 19th
Benchmark Testing in B Lab
6:30pm Back-to-School Night!

Thursday, August 20th
10 mins. Free Reading
Class Procedures
Multiple Intelligence Activity

Friday, August 21st 
10 mins. Free Reading 
Class Procedures
Book Genre Day
Honors: Newspaper Day

See you at...

No comments:

Post a Comment