Friday, January 22, 2016

Week 23: January 25-29

Introductions, Thesis and Conclusions: oh my! It's been a heavy week of writing and I'm proud at how hard the students have been working to do well. This week's focus will be on reading/listening comprehension. After I grade the essays, I'll pinpoint students who are still not understanding a particular concept and do a reteaching day on Thursday. Students who have nailed it get the rare free time! I'm trying to prepare them for SAGE as well as solidify critical thinking skills.

Image result for missing work

Ok, let's talk about missing work. I will always accept late or missing work. It is frustrating as a teacher to be constantly grading and hounding students to turn work in. Every student received a missing work report today. They know exactly what they need to do to get caught-up in my class. Please support them and encourage them. Our school is having a Gold Gecko Day on Friday, February 12th. This is a big deal. It's rewarding all students who do not have an NP or U as their final grade and have NO missing work. They'll be invited to participate in a variety of fun games and activities. I'd like all my students to attend, they have 3 weeks to prepare. Please check PowerSchool. I'm not perfect and sometimes make mistakes. I try hard to grade quickly and keep everything updated. Always ask me if there are questions.

I really do teach the best students in 7th grade and I appreciate the ongoing support from home. Thanks for all you do to support students and me! Enjoy your week and contact me with questions (rachel.robins@washk12.org or 435-652-4742).


Week 23 Schedule

Monday, January 25th
MobyMax Computer Program
Language Arts Skills Practice
Honors: Newspaper Day
Meet in  B Lab

Tuesday, January 26th
Bellwork: Prompt Analysis
Listening Comprehension: "Mountain of Fire"
Free Reading

Wednesday, January 27th
GVC Handout
Alien Reading Comprehension Practice
Free Reading

Thursday, January 28th
Book #8 Due
ACES Reteaching or
Free Time (if you nailed it the first time) 

Friday, January 27th
Reading Skills Learning Centers
Free Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment