Sunday, May 22, 2016

The LAST ONE 2015/2016

This is always a bittersweet time of year for me. I have sincerely enjoyed teaching your child and they will forever hold a place in my heart. It's been a year of great success: over 4,500 books read by students in the iRead program, 50 students read over 40 books each this year in iRead; hundreds of essays written; and awesome growth in SAGE reading and writing scores.

However, the real successes and joys of this year were found in individual students. It's the student who didn't give up when an essay was hard and they never thought of themselves as a writer; it's the student who learned to LOVE to read; it's the student who felt safe in my room; it's the student who made a new friend; it's the student who did what they never thought they could; it's the student who had compassion for someone after reading a novel in class; it's the students who came into my room every morning to say hello and the students who thanked me at the end of the day; it's a teacher who loved each and every day with her 150 brilliant students.

You have each touched my life, deeply. Each year I always think I'll never love a group of kids like I loved last years...every year I'm wrong. This year's group was so fun, hard-working and wonderful; I will miss them.

Thank you for giving my job such purpose. Thank you for the many thank-yous, gifts, kind notes and "atta-girls" I've received all year. My heart is so full (I'm really crying at home as I type this). I think these students will go on to achieve greatness. It's my sincere wish that they will dream big and remember who they really are. That they will take life with two hands and live up to their potential. Go forward to middle school with self confidence and pride in what you have learned and who you are. I'll see you around town (probably Costco and Walmart!).

Love, 
Mrs. Robins





Details about the Last Week

Monday, May 23rd
Final Scope Magazine Article
7th grade party at school from 4-6pm!


Tuesday, May 24th

School out at 11:45am
Yearbooks and grades are out today
End-of-year drawing in Mrs. Robins's class


Wednesday, May 25th

School out at 11:00am
Yearbook Signing






No comments:

Post a Comment