Friday, January 20, 2017

Week 24: Focused Re-Teaching and Practice

It's been a great week in 7th grade Language Arts. Students worked hard on an explanatory essays on SAGE portal this week. This exercise did A LOT to help me understand what students know and where they are struggling. Week 24 will be all about filling those gaps. Students will participate in focused reteaching and practice to hone their essay skills. This is really an essential skill that they should master before entering 8th grade. I'm excited to see the results.

Reading matters! Please make sure your student is reading at home for at least 5 days a week, 30 minutes per session. Good reading means success across the board, not just in my class, but in all subject areas. Your support is crucial and I am so grateful. I've had some parents ask me about reading and writing in the home. This is the best explanation I've seen, hope this helps!

Image result for information on how reading helps in other subjects

I am very excited to introduce you all to our Korean intern, Ms. Juhi Kang. She is here with other Korean Education students to study education in America. She will be assisting me and will be having some teaching practice. I think the students will enjoy meeting someone from another country and have some cool culture-exchange opportunities.


Week 24
January 23-January 27

Monday, January 23rd
Short PLC Day (please still attend school)
Elaboration Lesson and Practice

Tuesday, January 24th
Free Reading 
Elaboration Practice Day

Wednesday, January 25th
Library Day (reading)
Context Clue Quiz

Thursday, January 26th
Free Reading
Explanatory Essay Repair Test

Friday, January 27th
GECKO DAY!
Reteaching Rooms or 
Korean Culture Enrichment


No comments:

Post a Comment