Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Week 21: Welcome Back to School & Hello 2017

Related image

Wow! Can you believe that half the school year is finished!! Crazy how quickly time can move.

First of all, a very heartfelt thank you to all of you who gave gifts, cards, etc. to me for Christmas. I was touched by your thoughtfulness and so appreciative of the love and support I've had, especially over the last month. I hope everyone had a great vacation. I'm excited to be back in the classroom with my wonderful students and watch them gain new skills.

Please, please (I'm begging here) check PowerSchool. Due to many student's experiencing illness or being on vacations, there is a large amount of missing work. I like giving high grades and I really need students to complete work so I can do so. Additionally, book #5 is now due so keep reading at home. Remember, students are expected to read at home at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. The only way to improve your reading and writing is focused practice, and we'll be doing a lot of that in class.

As always, please let me know if you have questions or concerns about your student. I'm available before and after school. Email is the best way to reach me or call the school at 652-4742, after school hours. Many thanks and let's have a great short week back at school!

Week #21 Schedule

Thursday, January 5th
2017 New Year Writing Assignment
Honors: Newspaper Day
Free Reading/Complete Missing Work
Book #5 Due

Friday, January 6th
Thesis Day!
Prezi, Notes, Practice
Free Reading (if time)





No comments:

Post a Comment