Friday, February 3, 2017

Week 26: Reading Comprehension Skills Boot Camp

What a week! It's been one full week of Figurative Language Presentations, which was really fun! I was so proud of how well students worked together to learn about figurative language and present to the class. I also got some great information from the Literature Comprehension and Editing tests. This will help guide my instruction...thus, Reading Comprehension Skills Bootcamp is born!

This week we will have focused skill practice with very engaging texts. The skills we will be practicing, based on how students are doing right now, are: reading comprehension, mood/tone, providing evidence from text to support a claim, vocabulary-context clues, theme, plot summary and listening comprehension. I'm excited to see students build their skills.

Just a friendly reminder, in a begging-kind-of-way, to please encourage your kids to read at home. 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week makes a tremendous difference. We have a lot of absences too. Most days at least 15-20 of my 158 students are gone. Every day matters. Most days there are assignments to make up. I need students to remember to come talk to me, sign up for FLEX, come in before or after school to get help and get caught-up. I'm happy to assist but I need students to meet me halfway. Thank you for the ongoing support. Have a wonderful week!


Week 26
February 6th-February 10th


Monday, February 6
In Time Bellwork
Free Reading
The Curse of King Tut Play
Reading Comprehension Practice I

Tuesday, February 7
In Time Bellwork
Free Reading
The Curse of King Tut Play
Reading Comprehension Practice II

Wednesday, February 8
Library Day!
Meet upstairs in library
Gold Gecko Day!!
reward for all students who are not missing work and have no NP's or U's

Thursday, February 9
In Time Bellwork
Free Reading
The Good Deed Listening Comprehension

Friday, February 10
Last Day with Ms. Kong
Korea vs. American schools
Explanatory Essay Practice
Mrs. Robins gone, Mr. Morgan will substitute 

If you are a student and you read the blog post, please tell me for a candy and a Robins Reward:)



Image result for reading matters

No comments:

Post a Comment