Sunday, August 12, 2018

Welcome New 7th graders!!

Hello! I am Mrs. Robins and I am thrilled to be your Language Arts teacher for the 2018/2019 school year. I am ridiculously exited to meet you and kick off an awesome year! 

Image result for welcome to school


Just a couple of items to give you a head start on the school year if you are able to read the blog before Monday.
  • I use this blog to post assignments and communicate with you. Please check it often--especially if you are a student! I'll post our schedule and a message for you each week.
    • I can also be reached (all this is coming home on a paper copy too) at:
      • rachel.robins@washk12.org
      • @therealmrsrobins (Instagram)
      • 435-652-4742 (before or after school)
  • You can click here: 2018/2019 Disclosures to read disclosure (in color!) ahead of time. If you print out the permission slip and bring the first day of school, you'll receive candy and a Robins Reward (in-class incentive for monthly drawings).
  • Keep an eye on the calendar, I'll try to the link the majority of assignments to it in case you miss a day.

Watch for the following to come home this week:

Image result for our schedule

Week 1
August 13-August 17

Monday, August 13th
Seating/Roll (Students will choose seat out of a sorting hat)
Work on Name Tent
Disclosures/Text Blasts/Parent Letter: all will go home
Class Procedures
Meet Mrs. Robins
Exit Ticket: I'd Like A Teacher Who...

Tuesday, August 14th
Letter from Last Year's 7th Grader
Procedure Centers
Student Survey/3 Things My Teacher Should Know About Me
Exit Ticket: I Learn Best By...

Wednesday, August 15th
Roll-the-Dice Game
Class Jobs/Class Library (check out a book)/Google Classroom
Personality Corners Game

Thursday, August 16th
Disclosures Due
Procedures
Genre Day (Book "Tasting")

Friday, August 17th
In-Class Free Reading
Honors: Set up blog/writing contests
Procedures
Escape Room Game!

Image result for Special offer

Students: If you read this blog post, come up to me in class and say: 
"It's Going to be the BEST Year Ever!" for a candy and Robins Reward:)








No comments:

Post a Comment