Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Week 20: Welcome 2019

Welcome back everyone!! I hope you had a fun, relaxing break and feel like you are ready to begin a new year with fresh eyes and enthusiasm:)

Thank you so much for the many Christmas gifts and cards. I was very touched by the thoughtfulness from so many of you. I am indeed very lucky to be a teacher at Lava Ridge with the best students and parents around. Thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement, it really means a lot!

Image result for welcome 2019

Please check grades. If you have turned in late work (reading responses, flipgrids, etc.) you must email me to tell me you handed it in. I don't get updates when work is submitted on these platforms, so if you don't say anything, I have no idea you've handed it in. The amount of late work is getting really frustrating and overwhelming for me, so it's on you to let me know to check and grade your work.

Please keep reading!! Students are required to finish at least 6 books a trimester and around 12 a trimester to make it into the iRead Club. I want as many students as possible to push themselves and earn that t-shirt, candy bar and ticket into our big party. Reading is fun! Students should be reading 20-30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Let me know if you need help finding a good book to read.

As this new year begins, my hopes are to increase writing and reading ability as well as instill in students good work ethics, such as: turning work in on time, being honest on the computer (no sneaking into games), be kind to classmates and always do their best. We're on the downward slope from 7th grade and will be getting reading for 8th grade: get ready for fun, engaging learning activities!

Week 20
January 3th & January 4th

Thursday, January 3rd
"Have it All" Poetry Analysis
Free Reading (pass off books)

Friday, January 4th
New Years Write 
Free Reading (pass off books)
Missing Work Reports

Related image

Code Phrase for a Robins Reward: This will be the best year ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment