Thursday, January 17, 2019

Week 23: A Grammar Goodbye

Well, it's not like we'll never speak of grammar again--just the unit will wrap for now as we continue to revisit these key parts of writing. I departed from my original plan and decided instead of worksheets, we'd do A LOT of tactile, hands-on activities. It was fun and I could see students learn and start to put together the pieces! I love what I do and the opportunity I have to work with such great kids.

I am offering a few extra credit opportunities. I've told them all to students and everything is in my room.

Please let me know if you have questions on grading...and, above all, KEEP READING!!!


Week 23
January 21-January 25

Monday, January 21st
No School
Martin Luther King/Human Rights Day

Tuesday, January 22nd
Comma Escape Room
Build-A-Sentence Strips
Free Reading

Wednesday, January 23rd
Free Reading
Kahoot Review

Thursday, January 24th
Grammar Test: Sentences and Commas
Free Reading

Friday, January 25th
Grammar Fun Activity
Missing Work or Free Reading
Honors: Newspaper Day
Book #4 (for 2nd trimester) DUE
Flipgrid Reading Response #2 DUE 

Image result for grammar memes

BIG congrats to Colton S. on his award winning story in Scholastic's and Rick Riodrian's contest inviting students to write a fictional story imagining that one of their parents were a god. Colton was one of 13 finalists out of 5,000 entries!!! He's won a Rick Riodrian book set. Way to go Colton!! So dang proud of my writers when they are recognized on a national level: WOW!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment