Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 12 Schedule and Update

Hello Students & Parents/Guardians,

It's been a BUSY week here in 7th grade!  Everyone successfully completed their "It's A Job" posters and presentations.  Please see the photo section of the blog.  Grades for this assignment will be posted Monday.  I have enjoyed a long weekend at the SUECON Conference which is all about using technology in education.  I'm looking forward to trying some new things in class.

We did take our first Common Assessment Test (CAT).  1st and 6th periods had the highest amount of passing grades and received treats for their hard work.  The Language Arts Department is writing a retake test and study guide that will be available to students next week.  All students who did not pass will need to take the test again.  I encourage any student who is not happy with their score to retake the test and strive for excellence.

As the semester is winding down, I am really concerned about the amount of missing work and low grades that are resulting in low grades for some students.  Please, please check PowerSchool and see what is missing and make sure grades are accurate.  I do strive for 100% accuracy but I can make mistakes and I often won't know unless it is brought to my attention.  Look on the blog for extra credit opportunities for both Academic and Effort grades.  I am available before and after school.  I care deeply about how students do in my class and I am willing to help them any way I can.  Your support and reinforcement at home makes all the difference.

This week, we will be learning how to writing paragraphs in preparation for our upcoming Personal Narrative Unit.  I'll also be incorporating some fun Halloween writing and reading activities.

I really feel I have the best 140 students in 7th grade who are capable of great things.  I enjoy every day that I am able to teach them and appreciate the continued support of parents and guardians.  Please keep in touch with me about any concerns and have a fantastic week!

*Please note there will be no Wednesday Reading Club because of Halloween.


Week 12

Monday, Oct. 29

*Calendar for week/reading check for Wk. 11

*Monday Write: Halloween

Tuesday, Oct. 30

*Pre-Test: Paragraphs

*Paragraphs: Topic Sentence

*Halloween Reader’s Theater
Wednesday, Oct. 31

*Poe’s “The Raven”

*Library Time

Thursday, Nov. 1

*Bellwork: Topic Sentence

*Paragraph: Details, Sequence

*Sequence Activity
Friday, Nov.2

*Random Student-of-the-Week

*Utah-in-the-News

GECKO TIME!

Each student will receive either Enrichment, Remediation or Homework Hall depending on what they need based on the work that has been turned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment