Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 13 Update and Schedule

Week 13 will be a fun one--full of learning about paragraphs in preparation for our Personal Narrative Unit.  There will be new seating charts Monday, I have created a different set-up to accommodate the new unit and I am looking forward to seeing how the students like it.

The end of the trimester is rapidly approaching!  There are still several students who are missing work.  I asked students to get all work in last Friday but I am willing to accept late work until Wednesday, November 7th if I have emailed you or if you make private arrangements with me. I would love to see all students succeed in my class.  I will be leaving town Wednesday after school and won't be back until the weekend so if work is turned in on Thursday or Friday, it will not be on this trimester's grades.

Just a note on grades, I am seeing quite a few "U" citizenship grades this trimester. The biggest reason is that some students are not filling out their planners and/or recording their reading.  This is essential to success in Language Arts and to receive a good citizenship grade.  Please make sure you are filling out your reading slips and having a parent sign each week.

We do have a couple of schedule changes to be aware of: first, AM/PM Reading Club will be held on TUESDAY and Library Day will be THURSDAY this week.  That means that if students need to renew books, we will do it on Wednesday.  Also, no Utah-in-the-News this week unless you are one of the students who were NOT prepared last Friday. You will present Monday if you would like points for the assignment.

I hope your students enjoy Language Arts, I know I do.  I look forward to every school day and I love teaching your children!  Have a fabulous week and please email or call me if you have any questions or concerns.




Week 13: November 5-November 9

Monday, Nov. 5th
*Calendar for week/reading check for Wk. 12
*Mini-Lesson: Testing
*Monthly Drawing/New Seating
*Monday Write: End of Trimester Review

Tuesday, Nov. 6th
*Coherence, Sequence, Conclusion
*Paragraph Learning Centers

READING CLUB TODAY AM/PM

Wednesday, Nov. 7th
*Paragraph Practice w/ Article
*Paragraph Post-Test

*RENEW LIBRARY BOOKS

Thursday, Nov. 8th
*Scope Magazine: Cafeteria

LIBRARY DAY

Friday, Nov.9th
*Work Day
GECKO TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment