Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week 35 Update and Schedule

I can't believe that there are only 6 weeks left of school!  The upcoming week will be focused on CRT Practice and Test Preparation.  Last week, students saw their CRT score from last year's CRT Language Arts test.  We talked about how tests are scored and what their 4-3-2-1 and raw score mean.  Students then set a goal for their CRT Test and wrote down one thing they can do to meet their goal.  Any student who meets or exceeds their goal will receive a candy bar from me after testing.

I think it's important that students have an awareness and ownership of their test scores to help motivate them to do their very best.  We also have a testing theme: "I am going to OWN this test--like a boss!"  Yes, it's cheesy and light-hearted, but my goal is to de-mystify the test and fill students with confidence, because they are all well-prepared for this test and I know they can do well.

Our testing is April 23-25th.  Please make sure your student gets plenty of sleep and eats right before testing.  There is nothing they really need to review at home.  I do have some practice links on the blog if your student is interested.  Please talk positive to them and build their confidence at home and I'll do the same at school.

Just a reminder, Lava Ridge throws an awesome 7th grade party at the end of the school year.  Only students without "I"s or "U"s can participate.  Please keep checking PowerSchool and encourage your student to complete all their work so they can be part of this fun event.  If any students have an "I" or "U" in my class, I'll send an email home so parents are aware and we can work together to help your student.

I will be out-of-the-class for training on Wednesday & Thursday this week, but please email me with any questions or concerns. I appreciate your ongoing support and I look forward to really enjoying the next 6 weeks of school with your amazing children.

Have a fantastic week,
Mrs. Robins


Monday, April 15th: Early-Out PLC Day (dismissal at 11:15am), Calendar Week/Planner Check, Blow-the-Roof Off CCW, Grammar CRT Practice

Tuesday, April 16th: Poetry D.O.L., Prefix/Suffix Crossword Puzzle-Maker Activity

Wednesday, April 17th: Reading Comprehension, Library Day
*No Reading Club (Mrs. Robins out-of-class for training)

Thursday, April 18th: Author's Purpose Bellwork, Blow-the-Roof-off CCW, Make-Your-Own-Test CCW Activity  (Mrs. Robins out-of-class for training)

Friday, April 19th: Utah-in-the-News, Random Student, Gecko Time (students will be in Enrichment, Reteaching or Homework Hall--please encourage your student to hand-in all their work!).

Utah-in-the-News
The following students will present Utah-in-the-News this week. Remember to cut-out & staple or print & staple the article to the back.  Students need to fill out the form completely and summarize the article in their own words.

1st: Cricket G., Wyatt H., Alex K.
2nd: Amanda H., Parker H., Tyler H.
3rd: Sarah A., Todd B., Gavyn B. (*Matt K.)
5th: Tori F., Anthony G., Kay G. (*Baylie D. & *Braden B.)
6th: Shayler B., Caity B., Mckenna C.

No comments:

Post a Comment