Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 6 Schedule and Update

I'm excited about the week coming up, we've covered most of the Parts of Speech and now it's time to wrap it up with conjunctions.  I have tried to cover the material in multiple ways to appeal to all students and I'm happy with how students are understanding the concepts so far.  

Beginning on Wednesday, students will be able to participate in Peer Tutoring in the Severe Unit.  I believe that school should not only provide students with academic knowledge, but create informed and emphatic citizens. I will choose several students who can leave class 15 mins. early on Wednesday to participate in Peer Tutoring.  Students will serve for 6 weeks, then I'll rotate students.  Your student will bring home a permission slip when it is their turn. I will make sure that students do not miss direct instruction.  I think this will be a marvelous opportunity for students.

Please remind your student to come in before or after school and meet with me when they miss school.  I am a little concerned about the amount of students who have missed school, never get their missing work, then are shocked on Friday when they have a large amount of work to do.  I arrive at school early in the morning and stay until 3pm and I'm happy to help your student catch up--just ask. :)

Note that I am including Learning Objectives on the weekly schedule. I want students to be very aware of why I do what we do and take ownership in their learning.

BIG REMINDER: BOOK REPORTS ARE DUE ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18TH. Students can read any book they have not read before.  Books must be more than 150 pages.  I have a wide variety of reports students can choose from in class.


I appreciate your support--as always, feel free to contact me at rachel.robins@washk12.org or (435) 652--4742.  If you want to subscribe to text blasts, simply text "mrsrobinsl" to 435-275-4719.

Thank you!  Have a wonderful week, 
Mrs. Robins :)

The following students are up for Utah-in-the-News to present on Friday, September 13th. They will receive forms in class and need to print/cut-out an article and staple to the back.

1st period: Alberto Mondragon, Carson Olmstead, Brooke Peterson
2nd period: Chance Barney, Brianna Bennett, Dylan Chapple
4th period: Jackson Boyce (absent), Tim Shakespeare, Levi Reynolds, Christian Paystrup
5th period: *Juan Anguiano, Tristian Auston (absent),  Brooklyn Alldredge, Makayla Steffen, Hallie Steel
6th period: Keith Schear, Emily Stewart, Tyler Smith, *Skylar Avery,*Nate Tamlplin
* unprepared, will need to do 2 reports

Sept. 16th


*Week 5 Reading/Planner Check
*Week 6 Schedule
*Genre-of-the-Week
*Monday-Write: Creativity with Vocabulary




Learning Objective:
I can be organized and will demonstrate that by showing Mrs. Robins my home reading.  

I can find the meaning of words and use new words in a creative writing assignment.
 Sept. 17th 

*DOL #2


*Parts of Speech: Conjunctions (Foldable & Activity)
  







Learning Objective
I will practice editing marks and identify parts of speech through DOL.

I can learn to identify and use conjunctions.
 Sept. 18th

DOL #2a:

Table Groups: Design Posters, Draw Nouns

*Book Reports DUE!






Learning Objective
I will practice editing marks and identify parts of speech through DOL.

I will work with my group to create our career poster.



 Sept. 19th

DOL #2b

Scope Magazine Activity

Library Day 








Learning Objective
I will practice editing marks and identify parts of speech through DOL.

I will practice text analysis through the Scope Magazine activity.


I can learning and practice informational text skills at the Libaray.
 Sept.20th


Utah-in-the-News

Random-Student-of-the-Week

GECKO TIME!

Enriched Learning Activity or Homework Hall 

Learning Objective

I will learn about current events through Utah in the News.

I will participate in an Enrichment Activity as a reward for completing my work or attend Homework Hall to get caught up on my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment