Friday, December 6, 2013

Week 18 Update and Schedule

It's been a fun week of Book-to-Film analysis!  Remember that Book-to-Film Book Reports are due on December 18th.  I have given students a paper copy of instructions, additionally, online instructions are found on the left side of the home page of this blog (see "Book to Film Book Report Instructions).  Students without computer access at home have been given a paper template to use.  Otherwise, students may use Microsoft Power Point or Google Presentations to create (and share with me or email) their report.  I am hoping to have a little time in class after Benchmark testing on Monday and Tuesday for students to begin working on their reports.  Remember, students must read their novel first, then watch the movie.



Scholastic Book Orders are due on Monday, December 9th.  Please order through the blog this month (see the Scholastic link on the left).  Many students have received a Free Book Voucher for excellent work, this is a great time to redeem them. I 'll put the order in on the 9th and they will arrive before Christmas.

As a school, we are collecting gently-used and new stuffed animals to donate to Bank of American Fork's "Project Teddy Bear" which gives the toys to children in need.  Please have your student bring donations to their 1st Period class.  Donations will be accepted until Friday, December 13th.



*Remember to keep reading at home (30 minutes a day, 5 days a week) and record it in your planner!  I love working with such amazing students--it is so fun and I'm so proud of their hard work.  As always, please contact me at rachel.robins@washk12.org or call 435-652-4742 with any questions or concerns.  Thank you for your continued support and encouragement.

Utah-the-News 
Presenting Friday, December 13th

1st Period: Derek Rush, Brooke Peterson, Carson Olmstead
2nd Period:  *Isabella Wood, *Sebastian Bautista, Chance Barney, Brianna Bennett, Sauni Nio
4th Period:  *Jacob Thalmann, Brinklie Shotwell (absent), Tyler Clove, Haleigh Donleavy, Braden Esplin
5th Period:  Dalton Bowler, Kirk Brown, Tory Campbell
6th Period: *Skylar Avery, Faith Weaver, Nate Tamplin, Zach Stratton


Week 18 Schedule
December 9th-13th

Monday, December 9th
Calendar Wk. 18/Reading Check for Wk. 17
Reading Benchmark Tests--Meet in D Lab
Work on Book Reports
 Learning Objective: I can be organized by showing Mrs. Robins my reading minutes.  I can demonstrate my reading skills during Benchmark testing.

Tuesday, December 10th
Reading Benchmark Tests-Meet in D Lab
Work on Book Reports
Learning Objective:  I can demonstrate my reading skills during Benchmark testing.

Wednesday, December 11th
Book-to-Film Analysis: Plot
Harry Potter I & Percy Jackson Movie Clips
Learning Activity #5
AM/PM Wednesday Reading Club
Learning Objective: I can note differences between novel and film and see how directors and authors use different techniques to cover an entire plot.

Thursday, December 12th
Work on Book Reports
Library
Learning Objective:  I can work on my Book-to-Film Book Report and show my analysis skills.  I can learn  information text skills during Library Time.

Friday, December 13th
Random-Student-of-the-Week
Utah-in-the-News
Gecko Time: Enrichment, Reteaching or Homework Hall
Learning Objective: I can practice listening and/or speaking skills during Utah-in-the-News.  If I am caught-up on all my work, I will celebrate learning in Enrichment.  If I did not pass the Post-Unit Figurative Language test or understand the concept, I will attend Reteaching.  If I am missing assignments, I will be in Homework Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment