Friday, December 13, 2013

Week 19 Update and Schedule

It's been a fun week in class as we have finished our Book-to-Movie Unit and completed Benchmark testing.  I am thrilled to report that most students have improved their reading scores.  This weekend, I am creating Reading Profiles for each student to bring home and share with their families.  These profiles will show your child's reading fluency, vocabulary and comprehension scores for 1st and 2nd trimester as well as a few suggestions to help them improve their reading. This should certainly be a time of celebration because students are improving and I am so proud of them.

Please remember that the Book-to-Film Powerpoint Book Report is due Wednesday, December 18th.  Initially, I didn't think there would be time in class to work on these but I became concerned about the students finishing on time and having the resources to complete the task.  The LA team was able to rework our schedule so we will dedicate Tuesday and Wednesday to finishing book reports.  I've reminded students that this means they must have their book read and movie viewed by Monday.  I would also recommend they start on their book report at home as well and plan on finishing in class.

Friday, December 20th will be our in-class Christmas Party.  Classes voted on a coco party.  I am bringing filtered water and a coco machine.  Students have signed up to bring various supplies, please check with you child and see if they remembered to tell you if they did or did not.

During this time of gratitude and reflection on the year, I am so blessed to be able to be part of your child's life.  I love the students I teach and I am continually impressed by their hard work, kindness and achievement.  It is truly a pleasure to be with them at Lava Ridge each day.  I wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and I'm looking forward to a fantastic second half of the school year.



No Utah-in-the-News this week...




Week 19 Schedule
December 16-20

Monday, December 16th
Calendar Wk. 19/Reading Check for Wk. 18
Motivational Monday Video
Reader's Theater: The Gift of the Magi
 Learning Objective: I can be organized by showing Mrs. Robins my reading minutes. I can practice my reading and listening skills during Reader's Theater.

Tuesday, December 17th
Work on Book Reports in C-Lab
Learning Objective:  I will show my analysis skills learned during the Book-to-Film Unit as I work on completing my Book-to-Film Powerpoint Book Report

Wednesday, December 18th
Work on Book Reports in class with Chromebooks
Book Reports due by the end of the school day
AM Reading Club Only
Learning Objective:  I will show my analysis skills learned during the Book-to-Film Unit as I complete my Book-to-Film Powerpoint Book Report

Thursday, December 19th
Library
Fine Arts Assembly
Learning Objective:  I can learn  information text skills during Library Time.

Friday, December 20th
Class Christmas Party w/ Christmas Literature
Learning Objective: I can celebrate the holidays and academic success (hooray for Reading Scores) with my class and enjoy some Christmas literature with Mrs. Robins.

No comments:

Post a Comment