Friday, April 11, 2014

Week 35 Update and Schedule

We've had such a fun week in Language Arts practicing Reading and Listening Comprehension. I am confident that students will do well on next week's testing.  Please make sure your student is in school on April 15th and April 16th (Tuesday and Wednesday), are well-fed and rested so they can be successful on their testing.  I'll do my part to make it fun and relaxing.  The new SAGE test is long and rigorous but I am so proud of the effort and attitude of my students so on Thursday, we'll be having a waffle party to celebrate the end of Language Arts testing.  It's going to be an amazing week!

Looking ahead, after Easter break we will be starting our next class novel.  I'll be posting more detail on this soon.  We will also be covering poetry and students will have opportunities to enter contests and write in a variety of forms as we finish the school year.

As always, I am grateful for the outpouring of support from parents.  Please contact me at 435-652-4742 or rachel.robins@washk12.org with any questions.

Week 35 Schedule
April 14-18

No Utah-in-the-News this week...

Monday, April 14
Minimum School PLC Day
New Random-Student Forms
Reading Vocabulary Bellwork
Commonly Confused Words Game
Learning Objective: I can practice reading vocabulary skills.  I can understand the differences between homonyms (commonly confused words) and demonstrate my knowledge during our class game.

Tuesday, April 15
SAGE Reading/Listening Comprehension Test
Learning Objective:  I can demonstrate my knowledge of reading and listening comprehension during the SAGE Test!

Wednesday, April 16
SAGE Reading/Listening Comprehension Test
*Book Orders Due Today (last one of the year)
Learning Objective:  I can demonstrate my knowledge of reading and listening comprehension during the SAGE Test!

Thursday, April 17
End of SAGE Testing Celebration
Waffle Party
Learning Objective: I can celebrate my amazing effort on the SAGE Test by celebrating with my class.

Friday, April 18-Monday, April 21st:  Easter Break

School will resume on Tuesday, April 22nd







No comments:

Post a Comment