Friday, April 4, 2014

Week 34 Update and Schedule

It has been an incredibly busy week with the SAGE writing test.  I really appreciate the support from home with encouraging your students, helping them attend school and making sure they are eating and sleeping well.  The test was difficult but I couldn't be prouder of how hard the students tried, focused and wrote to the best of their ability.  Because this is the first year of the new test, results will be given in the fall.  Keep in mind that our SAGE Reading Test is April 15-16.  If you could make sure your child attends school on those days, that would be much appreciated.

The next week will be spent in Reading and Listening Comprehension exercises to help prepare students for the test.  Attendance is a must--many of these assignments and discussions will be difficult to make up so please, please make sure your student is in school.  I always enjoy hearing from parents, I can be reached at rachel.robins@washk12.org or 435-652-4742. 

Students: Relax this weekend--get out in our beautiful spring weather and enjoy time with your family and friends!


Week 34 Schedule
April 7-11

Monday, April 7
SAGE Test Make-Up
Grammar Bellwork
Scope Dinosaur Listening Comprehension & Activity
Learning Objective: I can practice editing and grammar.  I can practice Listening Comprehension to help me better understand the world around me and prepare for the SAGE Reading Test.

Tuesday, April 8
Grammar Bellwork
Allergy/Robot Reading Comprehension
Learning Objective:  I can practice editing and grammar.  I can practice Reading Comprehension to help me better understand the world around me and prepare for the SAGE Reading Test.

Wednesday, April 9
Grammar Bellwork
"Freedie in the Shade" Reading Comprehension
AM/PM Reading Club
*Signed Progress Reports Due
Learning Objective:  I can practice editing and grammar.  I can practice Reading Comprehension to help me better understand the world around me and prepare for the SAGE Reading Test.

Thursday, April 10
Grammar Games
Library
Learning Objective: I can demonstrate my knowledge of grammar/editing.

Friday, April 11
Random Student
Utah-in-the-News
Gecko Time Enrichment, Reteaching, Homework Hall
Learning Objective:  I can practice listening and speaking skills during Utah-in-the-News.  If I am missing work, I can get caught-up during Homework Hall, re-learn concepts during Reteaching or celebrate my success by participating in an enriched learning activity.


Testing Dates:
SAGE Reading  April 15 & April 16

Utah-in-the-News
Presenting Friday, April 11th

1st Period:  Ben, Ethan, Demi
2nd Period:  Elley, Mikayla, Tiffani
4th Period: Jonah, Aleya, Kenneth
5th Period: Aston, Mia, Andrew
6th Period:  Cristina, Skylee, Adi, Cheyenne & Nate R.

No comments:

Post a Comment