Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 37 Update and Schedule

It's been a great week full of literature in Language Arts! 1st period is doing Literature Circles and the rest of my classes are reading "Esperanza Rising".  We will be doing Close Reading this week and talking more about specific literary elements.

Even though school will soon be at an end, it's important students attend school and fully participate.  My focus now is on getting them ready for middle school and really enjoying the time we have left.

The last Book Order of the year will be placed this Friday.  I had it for last Friday but forgot to hand out book orders.  This is an inexpensive way to build your home library and keep students reading over the summer.

I appreciate the continual support I receive from parents/guardians.  I so enjoy teaching this class! As always, please contact me at 435-652-4742 or rachel.robins@washk12.org with any questions.


Week 37 Schedule
April 28-May 2

Utah-in-the-News
Presenting on May 2nd 

1st: *Kailee H., Mckade, Brett, Kinley, Trinity
2nd: *Bri, Dylan, Kaden
4th: *Mo, Braden (absent), *Tyler, Brittany, Jackson
5th:  Lacey, Chelsi, Brock, Kayla, *Bryson, *Kaden
6th:  *Brinkley, *Jenny, Holden, Vanessa, Aubri, Alyssa


Book Reports Due May 7th

Monday, April 28
Short PLC Day
Schedule Week/Reading Check
Scope Magazine: Justin Bieber Part II
Learning Objective:  I can will be organized by showing their reading minutes.  I will practice writing argumentation and using facts to support a claim.

Tuesday, April 29
Poetry Bellwork: Concrete Poem
1st Period: Literature Circles Day #3
"Esperanza Rising" Novel (Listening Comprehension)
Learning Objective:  I can learn about poetry and write a poem to demonstrate my knowledge.  I will comprehend literature and demonstrate my knowledge through class discussion and writing.

Wednesday, April 30
Poetry Bellwork: Bio Poem
1st Period: Literature Circles Day #4
"Esperanza Rising" Close Reading & Novel Listening
Learning Objective: I can learn about poetry and write a poem to demonstrate my knowledge.  I will comprehend literature and demonstrate my knowledge through class discussion and writing.

Thursday, May 1
Scope Magazine: "Sydney Survived the Boston Bombing"
Library Day
Learning Objective:  Students will comprehend information text and explore valuable informational text skills in the library.

Friday, May 2
Book Orders Due Today (I forgot to send them home last week, so this will be the new date)
Poetry Bellwork: Cinquin
1st Period: Literature Circles Day #5
"Esperanza Rising" Novel (Listening Comprehension) & Quiz
Learning Objective:  I can learn about poetry and write a poem to demonstrate my knowledge.  I will comprehend literature and demonstrate my knowledge through class discussion and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment