Thursday, May 1, 2014

Week 38 Update and Schedule

I cannot believe that school is almost over!  We are finishing strong here and I'm proud of the hard work and attendance of students.   We have been enjoying novels and doing Close Reading and Literature Circles.  I am also trying to have students write more in preparation for 8th grade.  Please, please make sure your student is in class every day. We are still doing daily assignments and I've giving them the tools for success for next year.

Book Reports are due Wednesday, May 7th.  Students are responsible to select a book report type and finish their book on their own time.  I'll be sending emails and texts to help everyone remember to be on time with their work.

The 7th grade Party (which is super-fun) will be on May 20th.  However, students with an "I" or "U" will be unbelievable to attend so it's vitally important that students and parents are monitoring grades and keeping their grades up.  Let's finish strong!

If your student is behind or needs extra time to catch-up on work, I am here before school and I'm usually here until 3pm.  I'm happy to help in any way needed.  Please contact me with any questions or concerns at rachel.robins@washk12.org or 435-652-4742.  Thanks!



Week 38 Schedule
May 5-9

Utah-in-the-News
Presenting on May 9th

1st: Sarah, Tayaln, Tailor, Kayleigh B, Rachel, Amanda, Lucy, Donovan, Armando
2nd: Sebastian, Chance, *Kaden, *Dylan
4th: Walker, Kobe, Berkley, *Brittany, *Jackson, **Mo
5th:   Hallie, Makaela, Jeffrey, Alexis, Karissa, **Bryson, *Brock, *Chelsi
6th:  Lauren, Skylar, Ellee, **Cristina, *Holden

*unprepared=must do 2 reports, **unprepared for 2 weeks= must  do 3 reports


Book Reports Due May 7th

Monday, May 5th  (Teacher Appreciation Week)
Calendar/Reading Minutes Check
1st Period: Literature Circles Day #6
Esperanza Rising through page 130
Learning Objective:  I can will be organized by showing their reading minutes. I will read and comprehend literature.

Tuesday, May 6th
Poetry Bellwork
1st Period: Literature Circles Day #7
Esperanza Rising through page 160
Learning Objective:  I can learn about poetry and write a poem to demonstrate my knowledge.  I will comprehend literature and demonstrate my knowledge through class discussion and writing.

Wednesday, May 7th
BOOK REPORTS DUE
1st Period: Literature Circles Day #8
Esperanza Rising through page 190
7am Reading Club Party
Learning Objective: I can learn about poetry and write a poem to demonstrate my knowledge.  I will comprehend literature and demonstrate my knowledge through class discussion and writing.

Thursday, May 8th
All classes: Paired Text Activity
Last Library Day
Learning Objective:  Students will comprehend information text and explore valuable informational text skills in the library.  I will comprehend literature and demonstrate my knowledge through class discussion and writing.

Friday, May 9th
Utah-in-the-News
Gecko Time: Enrichment,/Homework Hall
Learning Objective:  I can learn practice speaking and listening skills through Utah-in-the-News.  I can celebrate learning by participating in Enrichment if all my work is complete.  If not, I'll be doing Homework Hall to get caught-up in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment