Friday, January 16, 2015

Week 22:January 19-23

I am so proud of my students! They have worked so hard this week as we wrote 2 explanatory essays and learned about ACES paragraphs (body paragraphs). Their dedication and good attitudes impressed me all week. I am profoundly grateful to teach this group of students.  Although writing more essays has been difficult, I'm thrilled that students are improving, getting better and better. Their writing ability as well as their ability to analyze and critically think is increasing in spades: WOW! I am confident that we will see scores improve from last year across the board. However, the thing that is most important is that students are pushing themselves and feeling success from their hard work. It's just been a great week all around!

I know end-of-level testing can be scary, so I am really focusing on de-mystifying and fully preparing students for the test, which will be February 2nd-6th. I am asking that, if at all possible, students be in attendance each day so they won't miss valuable instruction and practice time. Attendance at school is really crucial right now. There is also a link on the blog SAGE HELPS with all the information that I'll be having students memorize to help students in the SAGE test.

Again, FLEX reading interventions will be on hold until after our writing test. I am pulling as many students as I can each day during FLEX to help with their writing. Please email or call me at 435-652-4742. Thanks again for all the support, I enjoy every single day with your student!



Nation-in-the-News
to present Friday, January 23rd

2nd period: Gia Stinson, Alaina Smith, Katie Rubio
3rd period:  Melody Tomer, Kyla Thalmann, Kayden Stauffer
4th:  Matt McDonald, Olivia Quezada, Erik Parrish
5th: Mason Hansen, Liddia Jaques, April Jones
6th:  Sam Zohner, Angie Stucki, Treson Swingler, Dillion Gubler



Monday, January 19th
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Enjoy the break:)

Tuesday, January 13th
Introduce Argumentative Essay (on Utah Compose)
Organize Essay

Wednesday, January 14th
Work on Argumentative Essay
Thursday, January 15th
 Argumentative Essay Due
Submit & Revise if time

Friday, January 16th
Nation-in-News
Review SAGE exemplary essays
Test Prep


Book #8 Due 



A BIG congrats to three more students who have read 40 books and have joined the 40 Club with our iRead program! I am so very proud of all their hard work.

Carrson M.

Elizabeth V.

April J.

SAGE HELPS

Students are doing Whole Brain gestures to memorize the following to help them remember what to do on the SAGE Writing Test...if they PREP, they won't need to worry!

P = Unpack the PROMPT
R = READ the articles
E = Find the EVIDENCE
P = PLAN your essay

No comments:

Post a Comment