Friday, January 23, 2015

Week 23: January 26-30

 It's been another week that's left me smiling. Students have been writing better than I've seen all year and I'm confident that they will be well-prepared  for SAGE.  The higher amount of focused, on-demand writing is to build stamina so students can write the required amount (1 explanatory essay, 1 argumentative essay) in the allotted time. I'm amazed at how far some students have come in their writing. Their excellent attitudes and persistence has been amazing to watch and I'm proud of them!

I know end-of-level testing can be scary, so I am really focusing on de-mystifying and fully preparing students for the test, which will be February 2nd-6th. I am asking that, if at all possible, students be in attendance each day so they won't miss valuable instruction and practice time. Attendance at school is really crucial right now. There is also a link on the blog SAGE HELPS with all the information that I'll be having students memorize to help students in the SAGE test.

Again, FLEX reading interventions will be on hold until after our writing test. I am pulling as many students as I can each day during FLEX to help with their writing. Please email or call me at 435-652-4742. Thanks again for all the support--teaching these students is a pleasure.



Nation-in-the-News
to present Friday, January 23rd

2nd period: Audrey Godfrey, Shayli Habibian, Sadie Gubler
3rd period:  Destiny Low, Haley Poulsen, Leif Peterson
4th:  *Erik Parrish, *Cazia Hanks, Ellie Sandstrom, Ty Stratton, Diego Quiroz
5th:  Tony Taimi, Carmen Norton, Abby Pemberton
6th:  *Sam Zohner, *Angie Stucki, *Treson Swingler,  Arelli Hernandez, Bre Hernando, James Holt



Monday, January 26th
SAGE Explanatory Rubric/Essay Sort
PLC Short Day: School out at 11:45am

Tuesday, January 27th
Meet in B-Lab: Explanatory Essay on Utah Compose

Wednesday, January 28th
Meet in Library-Library Day
Finish Explanatory Essay: Due Today

Thursday, January 29th
Drill Foldables
Test Prep

Friday, January 30th
Nation-in-News
Drill Foldables
Test Prep
Book Orders Due Today


Book #9 Due 





No comments:

Post a Comment