Friday, February 5, 2016

Week 25: February 8th-12th

It's been a fun week in Language Arts: ok, I know I say it every week, but I really mean it. The highlight for me was watching the students do Thursday's activity with QR codes as they did a scavenger hunt in the school working on text structure identification. It was really fun, they are such great students!

The focus this week will be on reading and language. Following President's Day, we'll be started a Super Hero Argumentative Essay unit, one of my favorites. This week will focus on building language and reading skills which will transfer to their writing.

Gold Gecko Day is February 12th--we will have a shortened schedule allowing a large reward party for all students who are not missing ANY work and are passing all their classes (No "U" or "NP") as a final grade. This is huge and I'd love for all my students to be able to attend. I work hard to grade quickly, so Power School is up to date. Encourage your student to check their grades and contact me with any questions. The trimester ends on Friday, February 19th.

As always, I am your partner in your student's education. Please contact me at rachel.robins@washk12.org or call 435-652-4742. Thanks so much!

Week 25
February 8th-12th

Monday, February 8th
Prefix Notes/Practice
Close Reading/Critical Thinking
"Would You Replace Your Dog With That?"

Tuesday, February 9th
Suffix Notes/Practice
Poetry Analysis-Modeling & Instruction
Poetry Posters (as groups)

Wednesday, February 10th
Free Reading
Root Words/Practice
Literary Elements Search: Children's Books

Thursday, February 11th
Free Reading
Word Part Bingo

Friday, February 12th
Text Structure and Word Parts Test
Free Reading
Book #10 Due
Honors: Book #11 Due

No comments:

Post a Comment