Friday, February 26, 2016

Week 28: Writer's Conferences & Essay Fun!

I am so proud of students for doing such an amazing job on their Superhero Argumentative essays! I think having them write a piece at a time, with continual input from me worked out great. I've seen some of the best writing I saw all year: way to go guys! A big congrats to 3rd and 6th periods who had the highest amount of on-time worked handed in 96%!!! Simply amazing! As their reward, they will get to watch a Superhero movie with treats on Monday & part of Tuesday). Please watch for an email permission slip.

As we approach SAGE, my focus is on providing custom instruction for students to help them become better writers. Mrs. Gubler has made this happen by providing subs in class on Tuesday while I conference with students. This will be powerful and allow me to give them personalized instruction and feedback. I'm really looking forward to this.

Student's first iRead book is due on Wednesday, March 2nd. Remember they should be reading at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week: a book of their choice. I'm excited to see more students hit the 40 book club and receive their t-shirt, candy bar and entry into a celebration party. Keep on reading!

There is only one academic assignment on PowerSchool, the Superhero essay, so please don't worry if your child's grade is low: it's temporary. As always, I welcome your feedback. Please email or call with concerns and have a great week!


Week 28
February 29-March 4th

Monday, February 29th
Movie Party for 3rd and 6th periods: Congrats on your hard work!
Speed Essays
(think speed dating but you'll be answering questions about other student's essays)

Tuesday, March 1st
Scope Magazine: The Snake That's Eating Florida
Reading Comprehension Quiz
Mrs. Robins will be doing Writer's Conferences

Wednesday, March 2nd
Meet in Library
Free Reading in Class
iRead Book #1 DUE

Thursday, March 3rd
Free Reading
Essay Analysis Centers

Friday, March 4th
Free Reading
Random Student
Find-the-Claim Game

No comments:

Post a Comment