Friday, October 11, 2019

Week #10: October 14-16...and Fall Break:)

Week 10
October 14-October 16

Monday, October 14
Cactus Reading
Week 9 Reading Log DUE

Tuesday, October 15
Finish Cactus!

Wednesday, October 16
Cactus Quiz
Free Reading (when finished)

Image result for fall break

We've had so much fun reading Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus! Such a fantastic book. It's taught us a lot about friendship, love, kindness, empathy, how to treat someone with disabilities:) Heartwarming and fun! We'll have an open book quiz on Wednesday so students can demonstrate knowledge.

Just to give you a heads-up--I am having to have surgery. It stinks that it's during the school year, but it's an urgent matter that I cannot put off. I'll be out from October 16-October 30 depending on my recovery. Mrs. Larsen will be the substitute and she'll be awesome. She's subbed before for me and will do a wonderful job with the students. I'll still be grading and will be available via email. Don't hesitate to reach out and contact me. I'm preparing lessons to be taught while I'm gone and class will go on as usual.

As I've mentioned many times before (ha, ha) we are short funding for our amazing iRead reading incentive program. Chili's has generously extended the offer to feature us as part of their Give Back program. So...on October 23rd, please eat at Chili's!!! Show this flyer or mention it when you order and they will donate 15% of your ticket to our school. Seems small, but if we have a sizable turnout, it can yield a great donation that will directly benefit your child: so please visit Chili's on the 23rd!! Details below...










No comments:

Post a Comment