Friday, October 25, 2019

Week #12: LAST WEEK OF TRIMESTER

I've been at home recovering from surgery and fighting a respiratory illness--it's been a long week! Mrs. Larsen has done an excellent job of filling in for me and I appreciate those students who have buckled down and worked hard! My goal is to come back on Monday, November 4th. I'm looking forward to kicking off a new trimester with you!

I'm discouraged with the amount of missing work this trimester. I've never taught a group of students where there were so many missing assignments and the lowest grades I've ever seen in my teaching career. My class isn't terribly difficult if you show up, turn in reading logs and turn in assignments. Unfortunately, a good amount of you aren't doing this:) 

On Monday, you'll receive an individual missing work report. I expect everyone to buckle down and get some work in. Here's what you need to know:

  • If it's on Google Classroom--go on Google Classroom, complete assignment and be sure to hit "turn in"
  • Paper work is filed by date in the "Missed Work" blue crate at front of the classroom.
  • If it's 2 weeks late, chances are that the assignment isn't available anymore (per my disclosure)...so you'll need to do a make-up assignment located at the front of the classroom. I'll even hang a sign by it this weekend. 
  • With make-up work...1 make-up assignment  =  points for 1 missed assignment
    • If you are missing several reading logs, you need to do several make-up assignments
  • If you are NOT missing any work, you'll have a Touch Gold card waiting for you and my eternal gratitude. You'll have time to read on Monday: congrats!!!!!
  • If it's a Reading Log you can't make up reading from the past...unless you time travel...so you'll need to do another make-up assignment. Again, located at the front of the classroom. 
  • If you swore you handed it in, check the NO NAME box located by the class box
  • I am available by email, don't hesitate to email me. Please don't demand I grade your late work immediately, it's rude.
Image result for while i'm gone

  • Yes, reading logs are still due each MONDAY.  I have teacher friends that live near me and will bring me work to correct. I'll still be actively grading:)
  • Yes, I'm available by email at rachel.robins@washk12.org. I'll have a lot of time to kill, so please email me anytime!!
  • If you finish a book, you MUST email me and tell when what you've read.  I will then send you back a couple questions to answer. When I get back, there won't be time for me to pass off mass quantities of books, so please follow these directions. 
  • I have planned everything you are doing for the next couple weeks. It's on you to attend class and finish your work in a timely matter-DO NOT waste your time!!!
  • I expect you to be kind, respectful and wonderful to Mrs. Larsen!

Thank you for your support for the iRead Program funding at Chili's. I know many of you visited Chili's last Wednesday and I really appreciate it! I'm excited to see the amount we raised.

It's Red Ribbon Week. Click below to find out which fun things we are doing this week!! Participate in everything that is offered to win prizes and show your commitment to saying NO to drugs:)


LAST WEEK OF TRIMESTER
October 28-November 1

Monday, October 28
RED RIBBON WEEK: WEAR RED
Advisory: Make a plan to catch-up in classes 
Short PLC Day: school dismissed at 11:45am
Catch up day--take care of your missing work! 
Reading Logs DUE

Tuesday, October 29
RED RIBBON WEEK: CRAZY SOCK DAY
Advisory: Elevate
Truth About Vaping Webquest
DUE: Truth About Vaping Worksheet

Wednesday, October 30
RED RIBBON WEEK: HAT DAY! (what you've been waiting for all year)
Advisory: Elevate
Wacky Drinking Wednesday: why underage drinking is NEVER a good idea!
ALL WORK FOR TRIMESTER DUE TODAY

Thursday, October 31
RED RIBBON WEEK: HALLOWEEN COSTUMES (totally bummed I'm missing this!)
Advisory: Elevate
Reader's Theater:) Happy Halloween!!!

Friday, November 1
RED RIBBON WEEK: TEAM JERSEY
Advisory: Work/Requests for other classes
Freedom Friday: How to really say NO! to drugs
DUE: Your Group Worksheet 

No comments:

Post a Comment