Thursday, October 17, 2019

Week #11: October 21-October 25

Well, as you might have heard, I am out for at least 2 weeks after a surgical procedure. It was not planned, so please forgive the abruptness of having your child's teacher temporarily out of commission--life happens, right?

The good news is that Jamie Larsen is the sub and will be there each day with the students. She's subbed before, lives in the area and knows these students. I know they are in good hands with her--she's awesome and is in daily communication with me. I'm still planning curriculum and am available via email anytime. Thank you for your well wishes, patience and understanding!

Important Things While I'm Out

  • Yes, reading logs are still due each MONDAY.  I have teacher friends that live near me and will bring me work to correct. I'll still be actively grading:)
  • Yes, I'm available by email at rachel.robins@washk12.org. I'll have a lot of time to kill, so please email me anytime!!
  • If you finish a book, you MUST email me and tell when what you've read.  I will then send you back a couple questions to answer. When I get back, there won't be time for me to pass off mass quantities of books, so please follow these directions. 
  • I have planned everything you are doing for the next couple weeks. It's on you to attend class and finish your work in a timely matter-DO NOT waste your time!!!
  • I expect you to be kind, respectful and wonderful to Mrs. Larsen!


Just a reminder...we do have a tutoring program at LRIS and it's free!! If your child needs extra help or extra time to complete assignments, please have them stay!! They can really do anything any day, but specific content teachers are available as listed below. And, hey, we'll feed your kid! Snacks are a thing--please take advantage of this great opportunity!


We are in the final stages of raising money for our iRead Program which is an amazing reading incentive program we've created to motivate and reward our readers!! Please visit Chili's on Wednesday, October 23rd and show them this ad (a copy is coming home too). Spread the word, invite your friends and neighbors to go as well. The key is mentioning that you are there for LRIS's iRead Program. If you are able to eat out or order pick-up that day, we'd be very grateful! Thanks so much!!



Week 11
October 21-October 25

Monday, October 21
Advisory: Second Step SEL Lesson, Quiz & check grades
Google Classroom: Reading Response for Cactus book! DUE TODAY
Free Reading/Do Missing Work for early finishers
Reading Logs DUE

Tuesday, October 22
Advisory: Work on Elevate
Escape to Freedom Article
Quiz on Google Classroom: DUE TODAY
Flyers for Chili's Event go home today

Wednesday, October 23
Advisory: Work on Elevate
Escape to Freedom Article 
Key Ideas Organizer (work with shoulder partner)
*hang on to this to use tomorrow.
ALL DAY: Order at Chili's and mention you're there to support our LRIS iRead Program!!!

Thursday, October 24
Advisory: Work on Elevate
Escape to Freedom Article
Complete assignment in Google Classroom:
Summary or Article (all directions are there)
DUE TODAY 
*you can work on this tomorrow during library if needed 

Friday, October 25
Advisory: Work on missing assignments for other classes OR be requested by another teacher
Library Time!!
*after Mrs. Leany's lesson you may read or finish any assignments from this week

No comments:

Post a Comment