Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 13 Update and Schedule

The end of the trimester will be here soon--please read the previous post about upcoming dates, extra credit, our December 18th book report, etc.

This week, students will be jumping right into the Personal Narrative Unit.  We'll be using Google Drive & Chromebooks to type drafts.  Using Drive will also enable students to work at home if they need extra time. I love this unit and I'm looking forward to seeing students become skilled writers.

Utah-in-the-News on Monday, November 4th
The following students will need to present to 2 Utah-in-the-News reports on Monday.
2nd Period: Connor Poulsen
4th Period: Geronimo Grayman, Hope Lizarraga
5th Period: Lacey Newbury, Kaden Lee
6th Period: Vanessa Eckberg, Sauni Nio

Week 13 Schedule
November 4-November 8

Monday, November 4th
Calendar Wk. 13/Reading Check for Wk. 12
Genre-of-the-Week: Book to Film
Mini Lesson: Plot Organization
Pre-Writing Web
Learning Objective: I can be organized by scheduling in my planner and showing Mrs. Robins my reading minutes.  I can learn about Plot Organization to help me organize my narrative.  I can choose one idea and start to develop it using my Pre-Writing Web.

Tuesday, November 5th
Mini-Lesson: Simile & Metaphor
Finish Pre-Writing Web
Begin Rough Draft: Drafting Sheet
Learning Objective: I can understand and practice using similes and metaphors in my writing.  I will make sure my Pre-Writing Web is finished and begin my rough draft: drafting sheet.

Wednesday, November 6th
Mini-Lesson: Alliteration
Google Doc. Instruction
Finish Rough Draft: Drating Sheet
Being Typing 1st Draft
*Wednesday Reading Club (7:00-7:30am or 2:00-2:30pm)
 Learning Objective: I can understand and practice using alliteration.  I will make sure my Rough Draft is finished, that I understand Google Drive and will work on my 1st typed draft.

Thursday, November 7th
7th Grade Language Arts WOW Day
Shrek: The Musical at Snow Canyon High School
Learning Objective:  I will observe lighting, narration, and plot techniques while watching the musical.

Friday, November 8th
Random Student
Finish typing 1st Draft
Learning Objective:  I can use the writing skills I am learning to craft my typed 1st draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment