Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week 16 Update and Schedule

I'm so happy to see how students have successfully completed their Personal Narratives--I can't wait to start reading them!  I'll have them all graded by the end of the Thanksgiving Break.  Double-check with your student to make sure they have "shared" their final draft with me and handed in their checklist/pre-writing packet in class.  If not, they will have a "0" in Gradebook until they do.

After the Break, we will begin our Book-to-Movie unit.  Students need to select a novel (by this week), which has been adapted to a movie.  They are responsible to read the book and watch the movie at home.  I will be covering film/novel compare and contrast as well as analyzing the specific techniques used in each medium. Students will be instructed on their final project, which will function as a book report--the due date is December 18th.  I suggest students start reading their novel right away.

As always, please contact me at rachel.robins@washk12.org or 435-652-4742 if you have any questions or concerns.  Thank you for your support, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation!

*Please note all pictures I have taken this year are posted on the blog.  See the "Photos" link on the left side. Enjoy!


Utah-the-News 
Presenting Monday, November 25th

1st Period: Trinity Franciso, Ashley Mendel, Lauren Hoss
2nd Period:  Jon Rider, Sebastian Bautista, Braden Nelson
4th Period:  Kobe Barney, Walker Bowler, Jackson Boyce
5th Period:  Brooklyn Alldredge, Juan Anguiano, Tristian Auston
6th Period: Ellee Anderson, Skylar Avery, Lauren Breckrenridge


Week 16 Schedule
November 25-29

Monday, November 25
Calendar Wk. 16/Reading Check for Wk. 15
 *note that students are only required to record their reading M-Tu but I will give extra effort for additional reading that is recorded.
Personal Narrative Post-Quiz
Utah-in-the-News
Motivational-Monday: Gratitude
Gratitude Free Write
 Learning Objective: I can be organized by showing Mrs. Robins my reading minutes.  I can demonstrate my knowledge in the Personal Narrative Post-Quiz.  I will practicing speaking and/or listening during Utah-in-the-News.  I will learn about gratitude and practice my writing skills in a journaling activity.

Tuesday, November 26th
The First Thanksgiving: Web Quest
Thanksgiving Round-Robin Writing
Learning Objective:  Using technology, I can learn more about the first Thanksgiving.  I can practice my writing skills in a fun Thanksgiving Round-Robins Writing activity.

Wednesday, November 27-Friday, November 29: Happy Thanksgiving




No comments:

Post a Comment