Friday, November 15, 2013

Week 15 Update and Schedule

It's been a busy week of writing but I am thrilled to see students pushing themselves to become better writers.  However, I am concerned about students already falling behind.  It really throws things off if they are not prepared for editing on the day the rest of the class is peer editing.  We are doing everything on Google Drive so they can work at home or they can always come in before or after school.  Please encourage your student to work hard to be on time.

As always, please contact me at rachel.robins@washk12.org or 435-652-4742 if you have any questions or concerns.  Thank you for your support, I'm looking forward to a fantastic trimester and I really love every day that I spend with these amazing 7th graders!


Utah-the-News 
Friday, November 22nd

1st Period: Trinity Franciso, Ashley Mendel, Lauren Hoss
2nd Period:  Jon Rider, Sebastian Bautista, Braden Nelson
4th Period:  Kobe Barney, Walker Bowler, Jackson Boyce
5th Period:  Brooklyn Alldredge, Juan Anguiano, Tristian Auston
6th Period: Ellee Anderson, Skylar Avery, Lauren Breckrenridge


Week 15 Schedule
November 18-22

Monday, November 18
Calendar Wk. 15/Reading Check for Wk. 14
Description/Figurative Language Review
Motivational Monday Video
Genre-of-the-Week: Fairy Tale Retellings
Learning Objective: I can be organized by showing Mrs. Robins my reading minutes.  I can review using description and figurative language to help me perfect my narrative.

Tuesday, November 19th
Peer Editing #2
Writer's Conference with Mrs. Robins
Learning Objective:  I can carefully edit my partner's paper, looking specifically for ways to help them improve their narrative.  I can meet with Mrs. Robins in a writer's conference to make my narrative even better.

Wednesday, November 20th 
Work on Final Draft
Writer's Conference with Mrs. Robins
Wednesday Reading Club  7:00-7:30am or 2:00-2:30pm
 Learning Objective:  I can meet with Mrs. Robins in a writer's conference to make my narrative even better.  I will take feedback from my partner and Mrs. Robins to create a well-done Personal Narrative using correct grammar, organization, details, smiley-face tricks and figurative language.

Thursday, November 21st
Work on Final Draft
Library Day
Learning Objective:   I will take feedback from my partner and Mrs. Robins to create a well-done Personal Narrative using correct grammar, organization, details, smiley-face tricks and figurative language.  I can learn informational text skills in the library.

Friday, November 22nd
Utah-in-the-News
Random Student
GECKO TIME
Learning Objective: I can use informational text skills to create a good news report summary or use my listening skills as others present. I can celebrate learning through an enriched activity during Gecko Time or get caught-up on my missing work in Homework Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment