Thursday, February 20, 2014

Week 28 Update and Schedule

It's a new trimester and I'm excited to finish out the school year strong!  This week we will be working on "Out of the Dust" Novel Projects in class and presenting them.  I've decided that I want the at-home focus to be on reading and SAGE prep so this novel project will count as their first book report for this trimester.  The projects are fun and will really show me that students understood the book.  Please make sure your student is in attendance.  If they do miss a day, they will need to complete their project at home.

A blue sheet came home this week (and you received an email) letting you know that students must practice the both Language Arts SAGE tests at home at least once before February 28th.  They will need to bring the blue sheet back with your signature.  We will be doing SAGE prep during the first week in March, but we'll take the written test after Spring Break so we definitely have limited time.  Home Practice is essential.  If you do not have internet access at home, have your student talk to me and I'll arrange a time for them to practice at school.  All the information you need is on the paper or on the SAGE link on my blog.  For convenience, here is the link again:



Since the students and I have enjoyed 2 trimesters together, there are a few reminders I have told them and need to pass along to parents:


  • If students are not prepared in class (pencil, reading book and planner); I'll be subtracting effort points.  
  • Students with library fines will have an email sent home as a reminder.
  • I'll be increasing the amount of in-class rewards because I so appreciate hard-working students with great attitudes.  It makes life wonderful for everyone.
  • Students are required to read at home 30 mins. a day, 5 days a week.  They need to fill out their reading form completely and have it ready to show me on Mondays.
  • Practice the SAGE at home, at least once, I recommend more.  The portal also gives you access to math and science practice tests.
  • When a student has Utah-in-the-News, the news article must be stapled to the back.
  • Please keep checking the blog for weekly updates.
I love teaching this group of students so much and I'm so proud of all they have accomplished.  Thank you for your support--please contact me by calling the school (652-4742) or emailing me at rachel.robins@washk12.org.

Utah-the-News 
Presenting Friday, February 28th

1st Period: Abby, Derek, Brooke
2nd Period: Evelin, Tyler, Jon
4th Period: Jacob, Tim, Levi
5th Period:  Ivette, Ashlin, Alicia
6th Period:  Emily, Kate, Keith


Week 28 Schedule
February 24-28

Monday, February 24
Calendar Week 28/Reading Check Week 27
Motivational Monday Video
Work on Novel Projects
Learning Objective:   I can be organized by scheduling and showing Mrs. Robins my reading minutes.  I can demonstrate my knowledge of our class novel as I do my novel project that will show my analysis, synthesis, writing, reading and speaking skills.

Tuesday, February 25
Finish Novel Projects
Begin Novel Project Presentations
Learning Objective:   I can demonstrate my knowledge of our class novel as I do my novel project that will show my analysis, synthesis, writing, reading and speaking skills.

Wednesday, February 26
Novel Project Presentations
AM/PM Wednesday Reading Club  
Learning Objective:  I can demonstrate listening and speaking skills and I show my knowledge of the novel text and listen & critique other presenters.

Thursday, February 27
Scope Magazine Activity
Library Day
Learning Objective:  I can read and comprehend literature.  I can gain valuable informational/research library skills.

Friday, February 28
Utah-in-the-News
Gecko Time!
Learning Objective:  I can practice speaking/listening skills during Utah-in-the-News.  I will attend school and participate in Gecko Time.  If I am caught-up on my work, I will enjoy an enriched learning activity.  If I am missing work, I will attend Homework Hall where I can receive extra time and support to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment