Friday, February 28, 2014

Week 29 Update and Schedule

It was fun to finish our novel and see the Novel Projects the students did.  I'm so enjoying this group of students and I'm always so proud of their hard work.

This next unit is Test Prep for the SAGE.  Remind your student to practice the SAGE at home and bring in their blue sheet with your signature so I can give them credit in class. Also, at home SAGE practice can count for daily reading. I just attended a 2-day training about helping students prepare for the SAGE test.  I am really excited to introduce the students to these strategies in fun ways to help them be successful on this test.  We'll also be reviewing skills we've learned this school year.

Testing Dates have changed--please make sure your student is in school on these days:
April 1-4: SAGE Writing Test  *  April 15-16: SAGE Reading Test

I'm seeing an unusual amount of fines, please encourage your student to turn in their library books and pay any fines.  Also, if your student misses a day, it's really important that they talk to me before or after school to get their missing work.  I'm looking forward to continuing to see students achieve.  Thank you for your support--please contact me by calling the school (652-4742) or emailing me at rachel.robins@washk12.org.

Utah-the-News 
Presenting Friday, March 7th

1st Period: Carson O., Alberto, Ashley
2nd Period: Ethan, Conner, Jessica
4th Period: Wyatt, Christian, Bryanna
5th Period: Tory, Dalton, Kirk
6th Period:  Cheyenne, Maxx, Nathan R.


Week 29 Schedule
March 3-7

Monday, March 3
Calendar Week 29/Reading Check Week 28
Motivational Monday Video
Mini Lesson: Summarizing
Summarizing Practice
Learning Objective:   I can be organized by scheduling and showing Mrs. Robins my reading minutes.  I can understand, practice and demonstrate my knowledge of summarizing.

Tuesday, March 4
Bellwork: DOL
Jeopardy Review Game
Learning Objective:   I can practice sentence correction during DOL.  I can show what I have learned so far this year.

Wednesday, March 5
Bellwork: DOL
Reading Comprehension: Podcast Listening 
Learning Objective:  I can practice sentence correction during DOL.  I can practice reading comprehension and listening skills.

Thursday, March 6
Scope Magazine Activity: Reading Comprehension
Library Day
Learning Objective:  I can read and comprehend literature.  I can gain valuable informational/research library skills.

Friday, March 7
Random Student
Utah-in-the-News
Gecko Time!
Learning Objective:  I can practice speaking/listening skills during Utah-in-the-News.  I will attend school and participate in Gecko Time.  If I am caught-up on my work, I will enjoy an enriched learning activity.  If I am missing work, I will attend Homework Hall where I can receive extra time and support to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment