Friday, March 7, 2014

Week 31 Update and Schedule

I've been so pleased at how hard students have worked this week in practicing summarizing, listening and reading comprehension.  This is helping me a great deal in planning curriculum for SAGE testing.  I was really excited Friday as students rallied, completed their work and brought up their grades,  It's fun to see them feel good about completing their work and feeling successful.

Happy Spring Break--school will resume on Monday, March 17th.  It's such beautiful weather here in St. George--enjoy the great outdoors!



A few things to be aware of:
  • No reading is required during Spring Break, however, if students read (and I hope they will) they will receive extra credit from me.
  • If your student has not completed the SAGE practice test, please have them do so during the break and bring back the signed blue paper on Monday.  Remember their test prep counts as at-home reading.
  • The next couple weeks is SAGE test prep.  Our testing is April 1-4th (SAGE Writing) and April 15-16 (SAGE Reading).  Please make sure your student is attendance.  I'm prepared to give them the practice and tools to help them do well on this new test but I really need your support in making sure your student attends school each day.



Utah-in-the-News
Presenting Friday, March 28th

1st Period:  Melanie, Marci, Diego
2nd Period:  Sauni, Braden, Sadie
4th Period: Jeremy, Alexis, Daveena
5th Period: Tegun, Chole, Cade
6th Period:  Sandy, Alexis, Kasey

Week 31 Schedule
March 17-21

Monday, March 17
Meet in D Lab
SAGE Test Prep: Argumentative Essay Writing (Paired Text on Chocolate Milk Controversy) Foldable #1
Learning Objective: I can practice organizing and writing an essay in preparation for the SAGE Test.

Tuesday, March 18
Meet in D Lab
SAGE Test Prep: Argumentative Essay Writing (Paired Text on Chocolate Milk Controversy) Foldable #2
Learning Objective: I can practice organizing and writing an essay in preparation for the SAGE Test.

Wednesday, March 19
Begin Essay
Essay Organization (Foldable #3)
Learning Objective:  I can practice an essay format using note paper that will assist me during the SAGE Test.

Thursday, March 20
Work on Essay
Library Day
Learning Objective: I can practice an essay format using note paper that will assist me during the SAGE Test.

Friday, March 21
Benchmark Testing: Meet in D LAB
ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY DUE!
Learning Objective:  I can practice speaking/listening skills during Utah-in-the-News.  I will attend school and participate in Gecko Time.  If I am caught-up on my work, I will enjoy an enriched learning activity.  If I am missing work, I will attend Homework Hall where I can receive extra time and support to help me.


No comments:

Post a Comment