Friday, March 21, 2014

Week 32 Update and Schedule

Boy, am I proud of my students!  They have worked hard to write an on-demand argumentative essay and learn how to use their note paper so they can be successful on the SAGE test.  Now, that was pretty awesome, but then students took the Gates Reading Comprehension Benchmark tests and I saw record high scores across the board!  Woot!

This next week will be vitally important as we move into the final SAGE prep sessions.  Students will need to commit the foldables to memory so they can be prepared for the writing portion of the test.  Attendance is a must, so please make sure your student is at school each day.  I'll work with students on testing strategies and preparation.  I feel confident that, despite the fact this is a new test, my students are going to do a great job and feel good about their test performance.

Our Testing Motto 

Testing Dates:
SAGE Writing  April 1-April 4
SAGE Reading  April 15 & April 16

Utah-in-the-News
Presenting Friday, March 28th

1st Period:  Melanie, Marci, Diego
2nd Period:  Sauni, Braden, Sadie
4th Period: Jeremy, Alexis, Daveena
5th Period: Tegun, Chole, Cade
6th Period:  Sandy, Alexis, Kasey

Week 32 Schedule
March 24-28

Monday, March 24
Meet in D Lab
Benchmark Testing: STAR & Gates Vocabulary
Learning Objective: I can show how I've improved in my reading skills through Benchmark testing.

Tuesday, March 25
Bellwork: Unpack that Prompt!
Foldable Games & Drills
Learning Objective: I can practice organizing and writing an essay in preparation for the SAGE Test.

Wednesday, March 26
Foldable Quiz
Opposition/Rebuttal Practice 
Learning Objective:  I will show I know how to use the foldables for the SAGE test and that I understand how to acknowledge the opposition in a claim and write a rebuttal.

Thursday, March 27
Testing Tips
Library Day
Learning Objective: I can understand how to relax and be successful on the SAGE test.

Friday, March 28
Random Student
Utah-in-the-News
Gecko Time: Enrichment, Homework Hall or Reteaching
Learning Objective:  I can practice speaking/listening skills during Utah-in-the-News.  I will attend school and participate in Gecko Time.  If I am caught-up on my work, I will enjoy an enriched learning activity.  If I am missing work, I will attend Homework Hall where I can receive extra time and support to help me.




No comments:

Post a Comment