Friday, January 31, 2014

Week 25 Update and Schedule

It has been a fantastic week as student have begin reading "Out of the Dust".  They have practiced research skills and learned the critical thinking skill of Close Reading.  As the end of the trimester comes quickly, please be aware of the following:

  • Book Reports are due Wednesday, February 5th.  I'll need time to get these grades in before the trimester ends so I do not want late work.
  • Check PowerSchool frequently and let me know if you have questions.  I'm grading Research Papers this weekend, so watch for updated grades.
  • Extra Credit Effort assignments are in class--students need to pick one up.  Each sheet (text evidence practice) is worth 10 effort points.
  • Extra Credit Academic options: revise/redo any assignment or do a writing contest (forms in class)
  • Practice SAGE testing--we'll be doing it class soon but home practice would be great.  All the information was in an email I sent this week or see the blog.
  • Keep reading at HOME and record it in your planner.  Not doing and recording home reading is the #1 reason for poor citizenship.  Students need to read 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
Thank you for your support--please contact me by calling the school (652-4742) or emailing me.  It is truly a pleasure to teach your child and I look forward to being here every day! 



Utah-the-News 
Presenting Friday, February 7th

1st Period: Brett, Donovon, Kaleigh B, Rachel
2nd Period:  All Finished!
4th Period:   *Jonah, *Daveena, *Jeremy, *Brittany, *Geronimo, Kenneth
5th Period:   Byson, Quincey, Kaden, Hallie *Brock
6th Period:  *Tyler, Alexis, Nate R., Sandy


Week 25 Schedule
February 3rd-7th

Monday, February 3rd
Schedule Week 25/Reading Check Week 24
Journal Write: Text-to-Self Connection
"Out of the Dust": Spring 1934
 Learning Objective:  I can be organized and show Mrs. Robins my reading minutes.  I can make a text-to-self connection with the character of Billie and write about it.  I can read and comprehend literature.

Tuesday, February 4th
Journal Write
Paired Text: World War Poem
"Out of the Dust":  Summer 1934
Learning Objective:  I can read multiple texts, make connections, find text evidence and write about it.  I can read and comprehend literature.

Wednesday, February 5th
 BOOK REPORTS DUE!
"Out of the Dust" Finish Summer 1934
Close Reading: "The Accident"AM/PM Wednesday Reading Club  
Learning Objective:  I can practice Close Reading to increase my comprehension.  I can read and comprehend literature.

Thursday, February 6th  
"Out of the Dust" Autumn 1934
Library Day
Learning Objective:  I can read and comprehend literature.  I can gain valuable informational/research library skills.

Friday, January 31st
Utah-in-the-News
Random Student
Gecko Time: Enrichment or Homework Hall
Learning Objective:  I can practice speaking/listening skills during Utah-in-the-News.  I will attend school and participate in Gecko Time.  If I am caught-up on my work, I will enjoy an enriched learning activity.  If I am missing work, I will attend HOmework Hall where I can receive extra time and support to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment