Saturday, September 22, 2012

Important Information on Late Work & Planners

I've been a little worried lately about amount of late work which has been coming in.  I talked to the students on Friday and reminded them that, in the real world, being late is not acceptable.  Consistently arriving late to work will get you fired, paying bills late yield large consequences, etc.  It is my goal to teach them organization and time-management skills which will benefit them throughout their lives.  

As stated in the course disclosure, I will accept late work.  However, student can expect to effort points from now on as a consequence for turning in work late.  I have not taken away effort points so far but considering the amount of late work lately, I will be taking away effort points for late work from now on.  

If your student is sick or there are family circumstances that lead to late work, I am totally reasonable and I will work with you and your student; just let me know.

Poor effort grades result in a "U" which leads to losing the privilege of attending Enrichment Gecko Time and possibly missing out on the 7th grade party, etc.  These are consequences I would not want your student to have.

As a reminder, students are required to read 30 mins. a day, 5 days a week.  These minutes need to be recorded in their planner with a parent signature along with recording our class schedule.  These planner checks are worth 10 points and are very important.  If a student consistently receives a low score or a "0" on their planner checks, they will receive a "U".  Consistently reading at home leads to improve reading comprehension, which is another vitally important life skill.

Please encourage your student to turn in their work on time and complete their planners each week.  I am rewarding "Robins Reward" tickets for our monthly raffle to students who turn in work early or receive a "10" on their planner checks.  I really believe that teaching students to be on-time and responsible today will lead to a successful future for them.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment